ae86 ka24de swap thread

Your Datsun/Nissan

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

nt66

Post by nt66 »

o.g.darkdrifter wrote:If you want to have fun with your ae86 stick with the 4ag. I've had friends that took over a year to do the ka swap. As soon as they got it running and drove around the block they put the 4age back in.

KA's are beastly. LS1 weighs 100lbs less than a ka and thats a f-bombing American V8. And SR86's take time and money (but would probably still be better than a KA-T setup). Time your car will be down and you will have nothing to drift, and that sucks.......ALOT.

KA-T's are bad ass, I love them, just not in an AE86.

EDIT:BTW power is over rated. Drive yourself to achieve more with less, it will pay off in the end.

+1000 dont worry about power it should be the very last thing on the upgrade list
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i wasnt completley sure if i was going to do it this is just a discussion thread over it and power is the very very last thing on my list i agree with og and will completley its just a swap that i am putting into consideration and looking over.

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

If you absolutely have to do a swap I think an F20C might be more in your interest. Not a retarded amount of power if you dont want it, still handles like a corolla, parts for the swap are easily available, it can rev to 9k rpm stock, it's just an all around good choice for a swap in an ae86. The only downfall is it can be expensive, but in the end I think it would all be worth it. Havent heard of anyone complaining about this swap so far.
Noob since 2004

nt66

Post by nt66 »

o.g.darkdrifter wrote:If you absolutely have to do a swap I think an F20C might be more in your interest. Not a retarded amount of power if you dont want it, still handles like a corolla, parts for the swap are easily available, it can rev to 9k rpm stock, it's just an all around good choice for a swap in an ae86. The only downfall is it can be expensive, but in the end I think it would all be worth it. Havent heard of anyone complaining about this swap so far.
its a lot easier swap if you buy the mount kit from john ruskoff it will fit with the stock manifold and everything
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

that seems like a pretty good idea he also has a writeup on club4ag of the whole swap. dont they make a bolt on supercharger for it?

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

Post by BlackTruenoAE86 »

Yes they do but thats the last thing that should be on youre mind. One step at a time buddy.

The car will be plenty fast.

Sounds to me like you're just power hungry hahah

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i do love speed my dad allways tell me i have a heavy foot :twisted: hey man what can i say. i am taking this one step at a time the swap is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the road like maybey 12th grade

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

wow... 12th grade is waaaay down the road?
i'd love to do f20c one day
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

ok maybey 6 months after graduation lol but remember im still 15 so that is quite a while down the road im trying very hard to get a job soon so i can make it out to events and build my car from the ground up as in suspension first rollcage chassis stich welding etc... if i got a job soon in 3 years of hard work i will have all done prob and the last thing on the list is power like will said it is not a matter of having money it is a matter of planning ahead of time and saving up for it. the only thing in my way is parents my dad nearly had a heart attack when i told him i am going to sell the laptop to spend 1.5k on suspension oh man if he thought that was bad he has only had a taste of whats comming for him :wink: .......

...........sorry dad MMWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

Yeah I think the f20c swap is pretty much the best swap for the ae86. I'd prefer to keep the 4age (16v or 20v) but f20's are pure sex to me.

John and plenty of other people in the U.S. and all over the world have done it and I havent heard of any complaints. Shit in the long run it's probably even cheaper than doing an sr swap, and with better balance and response.

F20C with ITB's and a set of cams ZOMG :cry: BEAUTIFUL

Nasser trust me 240bhp in a 2200lbs or less ae86 is plenty fast. Way faster than any plain jane swapped s13 or s14 with a stock red top sr20, which is really kind of slow compared to other "fast" cars.
Noob since 2004