A new build......seriously the stuff of legend

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

c4ptiv3

Re: A new build......seriously the stuff of legend

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Fuel pump and master cylinder arrived today. I never realized how small the fuel pump was, I figured it would be double the size at least.
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

which fuel pump you get homie?

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

I ended up getting this one http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-10125079- ... -1991.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's 255lph and it's quieter than a Walbro, Lattanzi and McKenney are also running it and it drops right in stock location on the 86. Pretty awesome for the price.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

looks legit man, and a lifetime warranty, good deal.

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Yeah, I like it and I hope it lives up to it's name.

Okay, so, number 3 cylinder bearing took a spin and it took out the crank and the rod. I hit up MRP about getting a replacement rod and they no longer make the style I have. They did help me out a little on the price since I had to order a full set. I purchased a re-manufactured OEM crank off the interwebz since I couldn't find jack shit around my area and I didn't want to go take a risk at the junkyard. Here's a shot of a Con Rod, I haven't opened the crank box yet but it's nothing special.

Also, while talking to MRP about what happened they asked what oil pan I was running 7A or 4A. Turns out they had similar issues with their first few 7AGE's and they have oil starvation issues. To remedy this you need either a race sump 7A (Which they offer but way out of my price range) or a baffled oil sump. They are currently making a weld in kit for the factory sump (not sure which yet) that will keep this from happening. Makes wonder if this is why most people are blowing high rev'ing 7AGE's. I tried searching the net but not a single mention of oil starvation issues so we may be on to a new bit of info no one knows about.

I've also started working on putting a plug right after the Dizzy (Just like OEM but only one) since before I just ran the wires all the way to the ECU without a plug, this was not a good idea but I wanted to make sure it worked before I wasted pins. It made life hell when I had to re-stab the dizzy a few times.

Emailed DIYAUTOTUNE to make sure that my ECU will work with ITB's, turns out there is an ITB mode so let's hope I can just get a touch up on my tune and I won't have to fork over the big bucks again. However, I do need to come up with some kind of nice looking bracket to hold my IAT sensor in the middle of the ITB's. I may have to hit up Rue about this, I know he HATES making things for other people but I'm going to sweeten the pot.

The head also arrived this week and it looks pretty sweet, I've never had this much machine work done before and it's ohhh so pretty. I didn't look at it too much because I was afraid I'd drop it or something, so I put it up after making sure it wasn't damaged during shipping. The plan is to drop everything off at the machine shop this week and let them do their magic. I do not want the engine to fail again so they are going to check all clearances and assemble it for me.

All I have left to order is the ITB conversion stuff from TTT and that sump baffle kit from MRP, hopefully they will have it ready to go in a week or so. I'm going to need someone to weld it in the DFW area, anyone have any contacts that won't break the bank?

Still going for 180hp, stay tuned my friends...
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

I believe that those MRP rods are identical to my Molnar rods and I read somewhere that the dude that left MRP started Molnar.

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Well, I have 3 rods if you want to buy some spares, lol.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

lol save 'em you might need 'em

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

I'm not sure what i'd need them for, they aren't balanced to match the new ones I purchase and look quite a bit different.

Finally got everything dropped off at the machine shop yesterday, I still have to take the cams to get polished but hopefully everything will be re-assembled and ready to go in a few weeks.

I am also ordering this tomorrow. I do not want another oil starvation bearing extravaganza. http://www.mrpltd.co.nz/product/304/4ag ... -sump.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Should a pretty sweet setup.

Still trying to get these damn ITB's off the backing so I can clean them, no idea why they used phillips head bolts instead of normal bolts. I think I'm also going to order the ITB conversion items as well today.

Should have some more updates after the weekend.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Ordered all the ITB bits as well and a new TRD headgasket. Trying to order the SQ engineering upgraded oil pump but their website sucks wang and they don't seem to reply to messages so I'm assuming they don't want to sell parts. I will give them a few more days, if they don't reply I'll be stuck with an OEM oil pump (Which I'm sure is fine).

If I don't get shafted by work (which I probably will) I plan on pulling the fuel pump and swapping it as well as cleaning up the fuel sending unit. Also on the agenda is finishing the re-wire of the igniter, modification of the water lines and installation of the clutch master cylinder. Hopefully things go well and I can get it up and going for 8/6 day.

Stay tuned.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

morgan

Post by morgan »

http://www.battlegarage-rs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For your SQ stuff, they stock parts stateside

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

For some reason they did not have the 16v pump. I ended up getting it ordered through SQ after they fixed their site.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

morgan

Post by morgan »

Well shit, that sucks. At least they fixed their site

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Yea, especially since it looks like SQ is out on vacation for the rest of the month. Hopefully my shit will still ship, I want to try and make CCM but that is a lofty goal.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

T3 goodies are here, all aboard the hype train gents.

84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST