A new build......seriously the stuff of legend

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

c4ptiv3

Re: A new build......seriously the stuff of legend

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Bro's, I can't seem to find my ignitor. Did one of you assholes take it!?

Picked up a new intake pipe today and did some painting of some parts.
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

My bad, I used it to turn on my stove so I could fry up some tofu nuggets. I'll return it then.

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

I'm about 96.9% positive I let McKenney borrow it last summer so he could test it on someone's engine that was acting up... I put all my shit in ziplock bags and labeled them and that one is missing from the box, I'm going to have to tear down the garage this weekend and ensure it's missing before ordering a MSD 6A and then placing a curse on McKenney.

Weatherpack connectors have shown up, but they are for TXL wire sizes 16-10, my wire is 18 TXL and they don't offer anything in my range. I'm going to have to think on this. I also received some Silicon black HPS rad hoses, they look dope but I forgot to take pictures.

We also got the IAT bung and Wideband bung welded on this evening, I'm getting really close to starting this thing. I know my welds are shitty but BEHOLD!

Wide band

IAT
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

I located the Igniter and have started cleaning it up and prepping it for new wires and connectors. I also had to trace down the pinouts and figure out what was correct. I also picked up a new Acc belt, paint and some heater core hose. Then the bottom dropped out on the temperature and I decided to call it a day.

May work on it some more later. Stay tuned.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Made a few trips to Autozone and finally got the correct belt for the new pulleys, that was a hassle.

I also got the Ignitor cleaned up, stripped off the old style mesh wire covers and put some heatshrink on them. I also added the new plugs, it looks much much nicer. I just have to pick up two more connectors and it will be good to go. I forgot to get a pic before I stripped some of the stuff off, but here is a midway done pic and an almost complete picture.

Some asshole keeps f-bombing with my daily driver and it's starting to get out of hand, they better pray to their gods that I don't catch them. Not only did they key my new car (Which is going to cost 3k to fix) they have started putting dog shit on it. Unfortunately my garage is not near my apartment. I asked around and some of my neighbors are really pissed and have started parking their car in my spot hoping they can catch them f-bombing with it. I've reported it to the police but I don't see them getting caught unless I walk up on them in the process, or the neighbors do.

More updates coming soon.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Finished up the last few parts that needed painting yesterday, all turned out pretty good. The picture, however, is shit.

I also added an extra 1.5" on the Water Temp lines for the engine harness and then decided to go ahead and order the last 4 things I needed to get it started (Starter, Optima Yellowtop, Brake Master Cylinder and new battery terminals). Those parts should be here tomorrow and next week. I hope to get it started the weekend of the 29th, very excited.

Stay tuned.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Finally finished up the rest of the Igniter and got the new painted intake installed, both look pretty dope.

I started my own business and I've been getting my ass kicked the last few weeks but I should have Saturday off and I will attempt to finish things up to get it started.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Thanks to this amazing weather I got a lot done, I ran out of daylight and I was missing a few things to start it but hopefully tomorrow.

I got the engine harness completely installed, it looks really good compared to the OEM harness. I still need to buy some Adell clips to hide the wires but zip ties will have to work for now.

Dipstick and tube installed, looking really good.

Here's a shot of the IAT installed, I forgot to zip tie it up and hidden but you can't see it anyway unless you're looking for it.

http://i.imgur.com/e2Y15t1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The biggest disappointment was how the injector wires looked, I'm going to have to re-do them later because I'm not happy with them.

I pulled off the old leaking Master Cylinder and replaced it with a new one, looks really good and even came in black! Now I just need someone to help me bleed the system.

Also got the starter installed and was surprised when I opened the box and it had a heat shield on it, I'm hoping it lasts a lot longer this time.

Forgot to take pictures of the brackets I had installed and a few other parts but they weren't nearly as exciting. Going to attempt to start it tomorrow if I can find a battery and get some exhaust bolts/studs.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

it looks real clean the engine bay... :tu:

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Been super busy working on the car and forgot to add some updates. I apologize for lack of pictures but I'll take a few tomorrow or this weekend.

I got the harness completely wired up and plugged in to everything and tried to start the car last weekend and the starter just made a clicking sound. I couldn't tell if it was actually clicking or if the yoke wasn't the correct size and it was just hitting the teeth on the flywheel. Well I spent a few days thinking about it and thought maybe the engine had gotten "stuck" since it hadn't been turned by hand in 6 months or so. Well I put a breaker bar on it and turned it by hand a few times and it cranked right over! I didn't have a plug in the cold start injector hole on the fuel rail and shot fuel everywhere, lol. I was excited because this means my harness is working, so now I just need to check and see if it's getting spark.

I also tried to get Tedd's bunk ass ebay rad to fit in the 86 and it would not. I started trying to mod it to make it work, said "f*ck it!" and bout a mishimoto electric setup. Got all that installed now now I just need that bolt to start it.

I do need a new slave cylinder, header bolts and some filler putty and primer to finish the mirrors and I can start driving it. I hope you guys are excited as I am.

Stay tuned...
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Using a battery starter or just a battery to start her up? If just a battery, the battery could be weak.

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

"Stay tuned" hehe good one

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

I had it on the battery tender all night the previous night so it had plenty of juice, you could tell it was just kinda seized up from sitting for so long.

Skab, I was wondering if anyone was going to get that, haha.
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Here's a picture with the new rad installed. Saturday/Sunday cannot get here soon enough.

84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

looks good... did u make the bumper brace or did u buy it...?