dont mind me, just puttin a personal timeline together.

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

4agshoob

dont mind me, just puttin a personal timeline together.

Post by 4agshoob »

1st.....bought already bt20v swapped. $3800 listed and i drove 600 miles for this picture:

actually looked like this when i arrived:

meh.....whatever. i still paid a stupid on my part $3800. so i start......cleaned the wheels, fog lights.....

im missing something.......ah, wheels, HD Wheels, RSB's 13x7.5 0 offset 186-60 sumitomo htr's.

hmmmmm, still missing something, so, vented slotted rotors, stainless lines, hawk pads, oh, and shine auto j-blood kit, origin rear bumper.

so.....before i bought this car, i had been eyeballing a clean silver gts really local to me sitting at a bodyshop. i asked them what they wanted for it, $1200......cool, taxes should be in anytime now. week later, it was gone, hence driving all the way to FL for the red one. well, i figured it to be as good as gone...... so one day while at lunch, i passed it in town with an older lady driing it, i turned around and followed her in hopes she would stop. sure enough, she did, and i pulled in next to her. immediatly she recognized the similarity, and complemented my red coupe. i told her "look, i know what you gave for that car, and im willing to give you the same and a bit more," and told her how i actually intended purchasing that car just 3 days after she did. "well that works out, because im having knee surgery thursday and wont be able to drive a 5-speed." we met that friday, i handed her $1200, she wouldnt take a penny more, and she signed the title over.

706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Re: dont mind me, just puttin a personal timeline together.

Post by 4agshoob »

at the time my sister and brother in law were staying with us, and needed something to drive, so being generous i offered this. but first things first, pizza cutters and rally car height gotta go......on and i have this muffler and these fogs laying around......

so, at first, i thought it be like a sibling rivalry thing....nah. they was happy together, and i was happy for them.

i told myself, the silver gts is too oem clean, im done, its just fine the way it is, enjoy the a/c, and just drive it.

yeah....right. the red one had a different idea. i dont know if the silver one mounted the red one too hard one night in the driveway, but......yeah.

i left for work one morning, pulled onto the main rd. wasnt dogging it or anything, and she just quit pulling. so i retreivved the siler one to pull the red one home (less than 1 mile) decided to call in that day, and pull the trans. upon pulling the trans, i grabbed my driveshaft, and while both rear wheels were on the ground i was able to rotate the drive shaft 180 degrees.....hmmmm. so the rear end came out as well.

the 20v took a 4 puck un-sprung clutch disc, and rung the center right out of it. as for the rear end, it came out in pieces to say the least, i honestly dont see how the rearend didnt explode on me, on the several 100+mph sprints on the freeway sometimes to work. i learn a few valuble lessons here......ill never run an unsprung clutch disc, zenki rearends and tires with traction even with a little power dont mix, and the right shits expensive.......

so it almost seemed like a better idea to part the car, because quite simply i was broke at the time. i could make more money back off of it this way. a few parts made it to the silver car. actuallly every interchangable performance part from the red coupe made its way over.

remember those gold wheels? yeah gold and silver dont work........how about blue?

so then these came off:

in exchange for these:

meanwhile.......old red was getting picked to the bone........

Last edited by 4agshoob on Thu May 02, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

i managed to sell enough parts to aquire some goodies:

meanwhile, stock powered, and grippy on the starshark reps, slidind didnt happen unless i had spares on the rear and looked goofy. so i set out in search for wheels.....found these. a friendhad them stashed, he bought them from a pawn shop for $100, for his aw11, not realising the lug pattern wasnt right. i bought him an alternator and helped him get his franken-2 running in exchange for the wheels. 13x8's -32 eagle alloy hammers. wrapped in 215-50 bf goodrich old school hotness.

after some stripping, sanding, and a few cans of rustoleum primer, metallic paint and clear enamal, and some mothers........

add some 155-65 13's to the mix........ it hurt feelings......

so while the silver coupe is daily driven, pretty much stock status, w/ the exception of an electric fan, and adj. cam gears, living it up.............ole red was stilll being picked apart in the back yard. the blacktop just sitting there, doing nothing. at this point, it was pretty much the only thing left of the car. it was hanging in there with a bench press bar and 2 straps, hell even sold the subframe and rack to a TE guy.

MEANWHILE.......

this thing was still being completed, for the 2nd time...4agze time attack ae100

well....i think what killed the blacktop for me, is the fact that i had a gze first. the torque on tap of a gze vs. the high rev of a blacktop. the gze would push you in the seat naturally, while you had to beat the blacktop to get any significant signs of torque. so, id been researching and reearching and researching, before i transplanted the blacktop into the silver coupe. i hae some drift buddies that run blacktops in their cars, and so far 1 has broke 3 input shafts on t50's seeral rear ends, another has broke a bell housing, and stripped synchros outta another t50, and shattered a KAAZ diff. and then thiking back to the carnage that my particular 20v did to the red coupe......coincidence? i think not. i also noticed these dudes clutch kick like their stomping an armor spider in the floor. i put 2 and 2 together and decided the low torque, high revving hp is what puts so much stress on the drivetrain of a drift car.

so at the time, my ex had a 95 geo prizm......but was hard headed to a manual trans. so i searched for an ae92/aw11 auto flywheel, and an aw11 auto trans controle module......the whole time not even thinking about how its never gonna work.....right.

so this:

got sold for $1600, mere coincidence. asian kid came and bought the gts bumpers from my silver coupe, and was like "hey aint you the guy that has the red 20v parts car?" i told him "yes, but the engine isnt really for sale, it will probably end up in my ex's car." he said ok, and that was that. at this point the engine was out of the red coupe, and the red coupe was gone to the scrapyard. (i couldnt give it away!! nobody wanted a free zenki gts shell) so, the next day i get a text "would you take $1600 for the blacktop swap?" same kid. my reply:

"you bring me $1600 and i will load it in your truck for you."

that night, i was on my way to get this for $1400:

Last edited by 4agshoob on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

so i bought this white hatch, semi knowing its back ground......

i knew the guy that built the engine, he also did the at the time R1 carb conversion. he took quite a few short cuts on the car, like the dizzy was from a 4ac with a 4ag dizzy drive gear tach welded to it.....i wont go into details. i will say, that dr. occa played a huge role in helping me get this car right once i aquired it. i can say 1 month before i bought it, i was at the new owners house (the guy that bought it from the guy that built it) selling to him a 6al system and a gts dizzy, because the old 4ac dizzy took a crap from the weight imbalance of the gear welded to it. after locking the timing out at 30 degrees, it still didnt run right, and the new owner wasnt too happy with it, he couldnt get the carbs right, it was pouring fuel outta the stacks, and just wasnt reliable. he had it for sale for $1600. i called him, said "look, its an sr5, that barely runs, and wont move under its own power, ill give you $1400 for it right now......"

done deal.

when i went to pull the car onto the car dolly, the engine caught on fire, from gas spraying everywhere..............perhaps a sign? hell no, im not supersticious, and all things mechanical are just that, any machine needs to be tuned to be optimal.

meanwhile, the ex was in a "furnace" state when i left to get the car, she een went as far as teling the guy, our power was gonna get shut off, lose our home, and all kinds of other boggus bullshit, that of course had no truth, all over this car. see, she didnt work, i paid everything, i bought her car...i bought my cars, hell i just spent way too much money on furniture and remodelling the house...all she seen was the asian kid hand me a stack of cash, and got greedy. little did she know i actually picked this car up for her. as a matter of fact, i think i can say this car is the straw that broke the camels back, ending our 10 year relationship.....i wouldnt say its all the car, but a precurser the car caused that opened my eyes.

:batthezombie:

anyway, i brought it home looking at this:

$400, and 2 weeks of electrical/fabrication/paint/gasket/tuning work later:

every single detail i used to get this car right, is in this thread. mind you, this was my first ever carburated venture:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

his version of "tuned" (the builder):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9xZZtg5Aw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

while tuning my setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgFBK3VdAW8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

after i tuned it, new owners video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahl9G5lh6Uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C55hm7tiw54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(happy to say, to this day he hasnt had to touch the tuning on the engine =])

well all this time and devotion....someone got jealous. the siler coupe decided to blow a head gasket on me leaing tvhe waffle house sideways one night. when i say blow a head gasket, i mean it looked like someone opened a fire hydrant under my hood. i jdm door rode it horse style 3 miles back home thru town at 2 am in the morning.....the only way i could see and not choke to death on fumes. shit was pretty funny.

so now im down to the hatch, still had fun though....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=22 ... permPage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

no, i didnt forget about the silver car.......i was busy doin work. had the head off, so, might as well.....

ended up haing .053" milled off the head, max allowable, to the point i tear dropped the water jackets. gave a 10.7:1 c/r, throw a 264 7.9mm intake cam, and a 256 7.76mm exhaust cam at it, back cut the intake valves 20 degrees, retarded the intake cam 3 degrees then advanced the exhaust cam 7 degrees and set timing at 12 degrees, gave me this:

video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=19 ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah, it counts them, lol.

so now im here:

Last edited by 4agshoob on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
706-669-6578 EST

Hatemy7

Post by Hatemy7 »

lmfao... this is such an awesome thread!

I love the part where it said that it hurt feelings lmfao!!

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

those are some nice pic and timeline..

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

updated above you guys..... fuckers have no patients, i swear, lol.
706-669-6578 EST

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

This thread answers a lot of questions about some youtube vids lol. Damn that thing ran good with the carbs tuned.

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

so....with my silver coupe back on the road, and tearing shit up, i take my ex out to dinner and a movie one night in the hatch. after dinner i handed her the keys to the hatch with a keychain with her name on it. she looked at me like i was crazy, not a suprized crazy but a disgusted crazy. we left the movies and took the back way home so she could learn to drive a stick......good times.

anyway i slept in the next morning (sunday) and awoke about 11am to the sound of my fathers voice playing with my 2 boys. my ex in the kitchen, cleaning. i got dressed and ended up outside about noon, to find the hatch was gone, about that time my father came out the door looked at me and said "why you selling your white car? didnt you just finish it?"

"SAY WHAT?"

ill spare the details of the language in the question directed to my ex as i walked back into the house. my father took me down to the lot on the corner where i found the hatch with a for sale sign on it, windows down, keys in the ignition, her number and a $1500 price tag.

yeah......words cant describe that feeling.

needless to say, the hatch became mine again.....

some time passed, my biggest decision each day was throaty old school hatch or cammin' jdm coupe.

well, during that time, i decided to let the fwd scene go. parted out the sedan, sold the phresch 0 mile gze, kept some parts, and scrapped the car.

it was all good, until......"is that rod knock i hear?"

the age old addage of "you cant do the top end without doing the bottom end" caught up with me, the coupe was knocking, not hard, but you could hear it.

so on the gze section of the old club4ag, me and this other guy in TN are talking about gze swaps and such. meanwhile im at work checking on threads.....he states, well im heading to atl to get my gze. no it cant be........surely hes not talking about the same clip im after this friday.......the last gze clip on the east coast withen driving distance. i stuck my finger down my throat, puked, and left work, lol. grabbed my brothers truck, cut the chain and took my friends trailer, (easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission right?) and b-lined it 60 miles towards atlanta.

as i was strapping it to the trailer, the dude pulled up....and was pissed. but it was kinda my fault for letting my find outta the bag on the forum, he was trying to go behind my back anyway. for $1200 my gze front clip was in possesion =]

then.....it all started:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkvi6LMoyxI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=22 ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

hotdoghogie wrote:This thread answers a lot of questions about some youtube vids lol. Damn that thing ran good with the carbs tuned.
as in?
706-669-6578 EST

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Like what ever happened to that red car with the primer fender and Wat's, I remember that r1 carb car's build thread on C4ag and found the youtube vids. Little things

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

if you read, its all answered, lol.

the red coupe got scraped, because no body wanted a zenki gts shell with full glass and doors, i couldnt even give the car away. i had it on craigslist for a month for free, if someone would just come get it. as for the wats, jdm trueno bumper, sideskirts, etc, and why it had a black sr5 interior and half the maroon interior parts spray died black, is on the preivous owner. like i said when i drove to pick the car up, nothing from the pics were there.

as for the R1 setup, the initial builders name is vince. vince sold the car to matt, matt sold the car to tyler, tyler is the one i sold the msd setup, and helped install, while he owned the car, i bought it from tyler and did the serious refreshments. any videos you see of that car with the root beer valve covers, red timing gears, and mikuni's, were pre- of me getting ahold of the car. any vids of it with fender mirrors and pink engine, are after i got my hands on the car.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

well...................after i get the swap competed in the silver coupe, me and the ex seperate. i take some of my clothes, and both my 86's and go stay at my moms house a few miles away, leaving my current house to the ex, because the kids were there. i still paid everything, came and seen my kids daily for hours. little did i know there was this hot little number that had lived across the street from me for 3 years, that i didnt even know about. she hits me up on FB, he hit it off.......yada yada, yada.

the ex left my house, made her way to FL, i let the house go, kind of a "too many memories" thing. so me and my current lied with mom for about a month. in this time i gave courtney the hatch to drive, and to learn how to drive a stick, and so on. well, she fell in love withthe geo instead...... i guess thats the female in her.....it looked like this at the time....remember those ae100 parts i held onto?

so, livin with mom at 27 with a hot new girl friend dont exactly work, if you get my drift....luckily mom worked third shift :lol: anyway, still living paycheck to pacheck, i had to have a place to live, end of story.... im not a freeloader, so while giving mom money everyweek for rent, catching up on bills, couldnt really save for my own place, so the hatch was on the chopping block.

well my friend scott, this guy:

always told me, hes gonna own the white hatch one day....well he finally got this thing sorta straight, and sold it:

he didnt have what i was asking for the hatch, so being the cool friend i am, i took a down payment and set a payment schedule. all is well, i find a place to live, pay everything and move in, also let scott move in, so my hatch was still close =]. well scott had a 45 mile daily commute, and what at the time we thought was a blown head gasket on the hatch, led me too being a cool mother fucker again, and donating, that bad ass, head setup and cams that was previously on the coupes bluetop engine, to the hatch. so we put it all together, and come to find it was having the same issue...finally after 2 days of going thru the engine with a fine toothed cone, we find that the mixture screw on the 3rd bike carb, had rattle completely out. oops.......fixed it, and now the hatch has stepped up its game.

love scott to death, good kid, but he didnt understand the concept of carbs and how they work, as in if you dont keep your foot out of them, they suck gas, and with the carb setup ending up with 210cc main jet in every carb......at WOT, it was the equiilant to a holley 850.....do the math on that. add that to a 45 mile commute everyday, at say....8-10 miles per gallon when staying at WOT, then subtract that from your 30 hour paycheck......yeah.

so....scott wanted to find something more economical. so i called a good friend of mine up, junius, told junius the situation, the price, etc. junius came, saw, test drove and bought. i then handed scott the money he paid into the car back, and the hatch was no longer in my life. never seen it again until mothers day last year. it was the last drift event to ever be held in ATL. i seen it, looked just like it did the day it left my house, so i approach the guy, we talk, he said nothings been changed.....at all. he changes the oil, and drives it, daily, slides it, drives it home. so for mothers day, courtney got to ride along in her car sliding once again, after not seeing it for almost a year. the guy says to her "people dont know it yet, but this cars gonna get me a girl friend.", courtney leans over to him and says "dude, it used to be a girls car.....mine."

good laughs.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

so, now im down to the silver coupe, and the jdm ae100 faced geo prizm.

to be continued.
706-669-6578 EST

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

5hu83r7 wrote:if you read, its all answered, lol.

I know, that's what I was getting at in my first post.