<Insert hip build thread title here>

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

hotdoghogie

<Insert hip build thread title here>

Post by hotdoghogie »

Hey man! WHATS UP! I have an ae86 GTS conversion and then some. What started out as a DD drift toy is slowly becoming an all out drift machine. I feel I can come off as a little punk, hopefully this will in a way show people I'm pretty dedicated I'm just young and restless. So I already have a lot of stuffs done to it, I am copying and pasting from another site . Enjoy.

Currently...

I really don't have too many pics... I'm oldschool and broke I drive to every event ha.

Pic of my old Cressy doing what is doesn't really do best which is running let alone towing?

How I bought it.

f-bomb it's been a minute. Been playing with this damn engine. First set of rings didn't want to seat for shit so everything got ripped back apart and now just got it back together tonight. I spend a ton of time working so I can pay for the car but end up spending most of it back home on beer and all kinds of stupid shit. Getting back into the game, haven't had a fun car to drive for about a year now and it hurts. Here's a pic of the engine now, car is getting really close to being done, now just looking for a hauler and trailer for change. Will be posting my s14 on her for sale, cute little virgin. Something rapable for you Nissan guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoJjuRNdKeY&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quickie vid. Finally got her to do things, ummmmm I since have answered a few questions I have had in this video. Eh I figure a lot of injector setting to toss around before I can call her tuned or actually tune her for that fact. Can't wait to smash on some cones with it, should be a ton of fun.

Picked up brads old kit. Needs coilovers for the front and a tune. Pretty much ready to go slide. Needs all the little basic things now.

Cell phone photo shoot FTW! Super stoked, car is pretty much ready to drift, I keep smelling a burning of clutch or brake pads. All check good, also have excessive valvetrain noise. This needs to be issued soon and then tune! But Rotary Related is under in-law-lock-down so I might wing it using datalogging but I'm a f-bombing lazy bastard.

BC coils rule! Nudez... moar low?

Last edited by hotdoghogie on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

hotdoghogie

Re: <Insert hip build thread title here>

Post by hotdoghogie »

Ok this is where things change, I got sick of constantly trying to get MS to work with the 4age without using the igniter and all that BS. Kept cutting out at high rpm and bleh, maybe needed to run higher octane gas. Compression read 220-230psi on all the cylinders. O well went 13bsp and will never look back, I absolutely love this engine. Not soo much power that it makes things boring but enough to be able to upshift and keep up with the v-hates. McKenny cough cough***

Ok its finally a good running car. Should be out to slide soon.

So update even though nobody really gives a damn about my car. Well I bought a tow rig and now I'm broke but even better, since I have had the shittiest luck add on top of that, I have been ill for about 6-7 months now and this little town doesn't have resources to fix me. Hell if it plans on slowing me down.

Step 1 get pulled over.

Step 2, buy new tires for new truck, drive over old rims at junkyards, pop new tires.

When you get a break and you don't feel like shit eat everything while you can while it lasts.

Hated the kit so I sold it and blew the money at the bars in DFW.

On a more serious note, ordering my manual swap tomorrow and SA/FB rx7 LCA's bolt up to crapollas without to much hassle. New track width, should deff give the car the snappy entries I want. I like taking cute pictures of things, bullie that.

So who on here has a trailer for sale? Or a job in the DFW area? A good doctor?...

So listening to some RAGC it hit me this blog is the only place that I have a build at lol. So updates, here we go...

What color!?!?

Just some pics from the swap, I'm always too busy to be taking pics and posting em' up. The car needs new mafs and stuff, stupid potentiometer.

Notched the subframe quite a bit because I like to Chip Foose my engines, making sure they fit in the car like factory. The engine sits a bit foward because everything just fit in so well like that and a bit heavy up front is just fine with me on a low powered 86.

Ehh uhh!?

Welcome to Abilene the incests capital.

Drove at my first event, good god need more steering angle and better rear tires. I <3 Corollas man tires last forever!!!

None of these vids had me running a good set, didn't get that until the end of the day. Shitty tigerpaws lol. Had fun, deff freshened up towards the end of the day. Needs more angle! Go-pro died early, whats new.

MRtizzle rack ans NST spacer.

What ackerman? PS knuckles not really shorted just killed the ackerman, was told by an old japanese tuner that this is one of the best mods for sliding the old 86. Probably BSing me since a dumb gullible murican, so I complied.

More rx7 bullshit on my yota.

Shitty HF welder back to f-bomb shit up, it always succeeds. Little bastard.

Dunt.

Release the demons!

Not too shabby for having stock length knuckles. This should get me somewhere with a nice tire setup.

Prob not man, a lot of stuff going on in Feb.

Safety wired my tie rod extensions. NBD

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Hahaha... f-bomb. ;D

Ok this new setup is more then awesome! It flicks so hard and transitions even harder. It's nuts but the rear setup needs a lot of work, as for the power right now it's good just not as fast as the other guys out there. Nudes from the event this weekend?

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Ok now we are on real time. So I built this badass bash bar just in time for the event... what timing.

And then I tried it out, worked great!

Sorry Rx7, I feel bad for spining. I never really do but this was a really dumb spin too lol.

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

I have no idea how to embed videos on this forum.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

fixed. great build thread btw! :tu:

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

We will see if you can keep up with my little old V8, smart@$$

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

love this "mod":

:tu:

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

this is awesome. i also spend a lot of money that i could be spending on my 86 on thangs like boozing, blacking out, and other stupid shit. loving this build
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

McKenney wrote:We will see if you can keep up with my little old V8, smart@$$
You actually read that haha :P

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

^^^^^^^^^^^ nice vid..............

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Got the car all fixed up, the frame didn't really move at all. Once on the alignment rack it's obvious it's not perfect but the caster is a happy 2.7 with stock tension rods which is stock caster. SAI of like 15.7 which is one reason Corollas transition so nice. No RCA's for now :/

I plan on being at the T.Cox Memorial event, going by myself so if you see me out there feel free to park it next to me. Really wanting to hit up some Fab. events because the nice big entry speeds.

Be there or be square!

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

So 85mph entries are deff a lot harder then they look in a low power car. I was doing them but I was going in hot, starting way far back. Fun day though, I deff am starting to dig the medium sized technical courses more. Lol

Hatemy7

Post by Hatemy7 »

Brotha I love your car man. Seriously! I thinks its my inspiration to what I want to do!!!

Rotary Keeps calling my name like theres no tomorrow lol seriously!

But yeah man keep posting pics its an awesome thread