M7 87 DD SR5

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Re: M7 87 DD SR5

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Do you have all the vac lines hooked up right? I pulled all the extra emissions and crap off my 4ac and just started looping a lot of lines. Gave me an insane high idle but it worked lol. Is yours a cali car set up or North American? I think I might have the vac diagram.
I like cars, food, and puppies.

BlackStar
Tourist

Post by BlackStar »

just a quikc update. I traded all of my bluetop parts for another carb, rear mudflaps, and an a/C compressor. The previous owner said the carb worked fine, however, on my car, it never lays off of its fast idle. even backing off the fast idle screw, it still doesn't settle down. I think i will have my carb professionally rebuilt. it might cost more, but at least i know that is it replicates the problem still, it is NOT the carb. The carb i got(not from the car, from the trade) had a few other vacuum ports, so maybe the reason why it still doesn't run right is because of those, also a good reason to rebuild mine, since on my carb all the ports are called for.

BlackStar
Tourist

Post by BlackStar »

Update 12/6/2012

It has been a while since a real update. School really got me busy. Anyways, after failing smog spectacularly, I got the carb rebuilt, and bought a replacement cat. However, One of the studs stripped on the intake mainfold, and it even stripped out the hexicoil i put in it. I went to the junkyard and got another mainfold, needs some work though to fit the heater element on it. Almost a year since I have had this car, and I think I have driven it maybe a mile! Anyways, I have all the parts and tools, just need the time to get the rebuilt carb and the new intake manifold on the car, the new cat welded in, then smoged and registered. Then the car will sit again till i get new bearings, tires, and insurance. I also painted the hood white.

i need either tires of wheels bad :(

I have the grille in the trunk, wiht it off the bumper makes a decent tool box bench

I also figured out a way to restore and refresh my black trim parts, more on that later.

BlackStar
Tourist

Post by BlackStar »

2-15-12

Did a small how to today,

http://4ac-powered.forumotion.com/t2332 ... trim-parts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And also took the front half of the car apart to re-line up the body panels. Much improvement. However, the passenger side headlight still makes contact when it flips up. I attributed this to the accident the car was in before I bought it. The place where it mounts is pressed in. I'll work around it.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=5383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would like to get the car done before christmas, its been almost one year since I have owned the car,

BlackStar
Tourist

Post by BlackStar »

1/23/2013

Figure I would do an update. I have a stereo! Older Sony Cassette stereo. However, at high volume it turns off. my guess is either a bad ground, or the stereo shuts of for protection, since i notice that the cheapo speakers that came with the car start to heavily distort. I am not a stereo person, but i noticed the sony puts out 13 watts, and the speakers are rated at 5. Idk, anyone think they could explain basic stereo work?

On the smog front, the car once again did not pass its pre test. I passed visual and 25mph. But was a gross polluter on the 15mph test. Stupid carburetor. The smog tech simply suggested to get a special smog and be done with it.. Guess that also means I will be looking into a Weber into the future. Also, I will be getting a new set of wheels n tires shortly, as a trade for my 7A short block.