Aw11 free car spare parts build

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Aw11 free car spare parts build

Post by dr.occa »

Oh no LOL! What the hell were you doing!? Story please sir.

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Haha. Not really a interesting story but, I had my empty block on the stand and was bent over picking up stuff off the ground and spun around to pick up some other stuff and my face and the block tried to occupy the same space. Knocked me on my ass... Block didn't move lol

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Ouch! Yeah, I did a similar thing but was under a 4AG dangling from the hoist. I forgot to slap on the engine mounts so I did that really quickly and went straight up from a squat forgetting that the hoist arm was right above my head. Ding dong! Had to sit down for a while after a few choice words through gritted teeth.

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Working on 2 projects... Phew.. Never again...
Anyways today I decided the mr2 needed some love.
Detabbed the bay/semi shaved and redid the trans mount as the other one I "eyeballed" was no bueno... Anyways its all good now and supports its own weight plus me jumpin on it... Should be okay. Haha
Next up is to prep the bay and paint it along with some custom shifter cables then motor sexy time (if parts ever come in)ImageImageImageImage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Stellar man. It's good progress. :tu:

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Forgot to post these pics... Also is a 20v timing pulley the same as a 16v??ImageImageImage
This thing would not come off!!! And due to the lip on the 20v oil pump I couldn't get any puller on there... Wound up cutting a lip to grab a hold of...

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Yep different part indeed.... More special order parts from Japan... Oh and my bearings won't be coming untill sometime in July... Whatever... I ordered some acl race from ipg and having them dfl coated... Hopefully the std size will be fine...
I shoulda went with my gut and just did a 5sfe torque monster swap... I'll have around 5k into this 20v swap by the time it's all said and done...

86boy

Post by 86boy »

holy crap! 5k!

I hate waiting on parts.... I would be going insane if I had to wait for parts to come.... in July....
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Yep prolly coulda done it cheaper by I got a crap motor and I don't like half assing things... Ya no point in waiting that long that's why I canceled and went with the acl.. But that damn timing pulley is gonna be a month... Damn damn damn...

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I don't blame you for not half assing it. What's the point if you just half ass it? Oh that's right just to tear it back down and redo every week... i hate when people do that. I spent a lot of time fixing someone else's screw ups with my engine. So i def. feel your pain.

no aftermarket/US oem stuff that will work?
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Very true^ although some people do get lucky, I am not one of those people. I believe the acl stuff should work... As far as oem Toyota I guess the rod bearings are diff for the 20v...
I will be giving the acl's to my machinist who already has the block if the clearances work out and it all rotates smooth I will be happy..

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Yay! Another setback..... Bearings again... Lame... Looks like std rod bearings can't be ordered as acl is currently producing a new "batch" talked to the guys at IPG and they can get a set of .025 os and will be coating those and sending them out... This will result in more cost as my machinist will have to now cut my crank to match... But this will give total control over clearances, which will be better anyways.... Also got my toda oil pump gear installed in the pump housing today... So I guess I'm moving forward.... Lol

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Put the non damaged piston on my rod and cleaned the pistons... Came out pretty damn clean! Also got my bearings and new timing gear.. Unfortunately now I have to wait on funds.. Might be parting out or selling my supra project as a whole..

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Been forever!! Another update though! Put my thinkin cap on and did some shim math...swappin shims and ordered new ones.. Damn shims are expensive!!! K1motorsports had em in stock though.. Motor is basically back together... Need to get the flywheel and clutch on then moun the tranny and put it in. Maybe next weekend!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347741527.587237.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347741527.587237.jpg (61.2 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347741566.322078.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347741566.322078.jpg (48.71 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Very cool update aj. Digging the red stacks. Makes me think of FCRs.