NE ae86

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

Re: NE ae86

Post by 86boy »

deleted.
Last edited by 86boy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I'm sorry man. Yeah, electrical issues and namely management is a PITA.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Ok soooo last night I finally got some help to check the timing. I should make a damn push button starter and bypass the clutch safety switch so I can do this shit on my own. Anyways The timing was apparently WAY off with the new igniter and running on all 4 cylinders. Another thing is the tachometer is dead now with this mits igniter, BUT it started...

https://www.facebook.com/v/10151330957808080 <--- yes it's on facebook and yes it's set to "public". Although it's just a video of it idle surging as the "startup" on Haltech.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Oh hey look at all this time that I should have had this haltech figured out, but still no dice. Still doing the same shit as it was. Nothing has changed, and I still can't find a base map... Oh well I've been tempted to solder the wireing harness back up, and sell it. Then buy a megasquirt system as there is much more simplicity and a lot more people know megasquirt.... Idk just tired of no progress and the same shitty results.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Yeah, when Megasquirt is starting to look far more appealing than the Haltech then you probably should move to your contingency plan Chris. Kick that haltech to the curb dude and come out of the grave hole before it starts filling up with dirt my friend!

Hatemy7

Post by Hatemy7 »

That is pretty dope! sweet car man!

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:Yeah, when Megasquirt is starting to looking fare more appealing than the Haltech then you probably should move to your contingency plan Chris. Kick that haltech to the curb dude and come out of the grave hole before it starts filling up with dirt my friend!
If I could possibly not work til 9-10 p.m every night that'd be great. No time nor motivation to do anything... and it suuucks. I need to pull the diff again, and attempt to get rid of the whine that is ridiculously loud on the highway. I found some info on the interwebz regarding the initial timing with stand alone.. most people claim the run 60s 70s on the trigger angle for the dizzy, and like 8-11 tooth offset. Using the 24-1 trigger. I however couldn't locate where the damn thing was firing.. soooooo my trigger angle is like high 100's with a 9 offset... Def. need to look at that again, but quite difficult to do by yourself. Hard to watch the timing light when attempting to start the car since I don't have one of those fancy remote starters....and difficulty getting TO the starter. Anyways this is still in the process of getting figured out when I get some time.
Hatemy7 wrote:That is pretty dope! sweet car man!
Thanks man! I def. appreciate the kind words! Makes it seem like I can do something right as of lately hahaha!
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I got a base map from Haltech for a 20v... it's not exactly what I was looking for, but it's a damn good start i'd say. Hopefully going to try it tomorrow. That is if I don't continue on with putting the clutch in the rx7.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Alright.. where to start.. since I have slacked more than hardcore on this thread.

So I'm getting closer with the Haltech I do believe. slowly but surely. I just need to dedicate a weekend to that instead of an hour here and 30 minutes there. I bought some stuffz and the car is getting closer to where I want it. I'm also in the mist of getting a legit cage... even up to Formula D standards.. primarily so I can basically go anywhere and not have to worry if my cage is "good enough". Gotta measure my hips so I can order a seat before that gets started. uummmm got sidetracked with a 93 Mazda RX7... yup... enough about that... My friend pointed out yesterday (when I was resetting the differential) that my panhard bar is bent to shit. Only place that could have happened was when I was hit drifting. So that needs to be replaced. Also going to order some 3.91 rear end gear, and new bearings as none of it really meshing well anymore with all the used gears I have. I also picked up +20 mm front fenders, and +40mm rear fender flares which I've been trying to get all fixed up and painted up to put on as well. Hoping I'll have a quiet differential again... I've missed 2 drift event's out here in colorado due to saving money in hopes to get my car(s) most reliable to drive to Texas....also might be looking for a job down there... More info later on that little bit. Been working my ass off as well, and haven't really even had much time to scratch my ass let alone update much except on facebook. Which feel free to add me. facebook.com/zenkiae86 anyways here's some pictures, and windy ass video of my friends MR2 I helped get back on the road!

I picked up a set of NST pulley's (I might have mentioned that already can't remember) got those on the GZE. I also installed a pair of Bluetop cams.

ZOMG! the coupe!!

Some shift knob action... The numbers on the top already wore off because they failed to engrave it.

T3 LCA's and tension rods. Old/New I have both sides... obviously haha

Progress with the LCA's and Tension rods... also don't mind the FD on jackstands... it's awaiting a flywheel key which came in today finally. Or the 74' Camaro that's my roommates. Talk about a legit jackstand racer!! hahaha

Helped a friend get his 3SGTE back up and running again. Also no judging on the wind noise... cell phone + driving...I didn't care about the wind noise haha
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 079&type=3
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Your license plate is hilarious Chris. :tu:

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

86boy wrote:Also going to order some 3.91 rear end gear, and new bearings as none of it really meshing well anymore with all the used gears I have.
How soon are you wanting to buy 3.9 gears? i know of a used set that might be up for sale within the next month or so.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Thanks Jonas haha.

I'd be down to buy those, but I've messed with all used rear end parts and I keep getting a different whine... Setup the same way each time. So I'm going to buy new gears this round.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

i understand. well, if you want some used 3.9 gears that were bought from Weir about a year ago, let me know!

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Sweet build man! Keep it up.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

mandm177 wrote:i understand. well, if you want some used 3.9 gears that were bought from Weir about a year ago, let me know!
Werd

hotdoghogie wrote:Sweet build man! Keep it up.
Thanks man!

Alright well I got a new pan hard bar ordered. Also once I figure out what size I need for sure on exhaust gaskets for the FD I'm also going to order the HKS hi power over axle exhaust. Then order gears in a coupl weeks.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/