NE ae86

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

joel26
VIP Member

Re: NE ae86

Post by joel26 »

looks good man......................................................................................

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

At one point i was considering the mustang rims similar to these. But i like the datsun ones better. Good look man.

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

Just realized i meant to post this on another thread lol.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

So the ol' w58 survived it's first beating at Round 2. Learned how to control the 70-ish MPH drift in 3rd gear... successfully completed the course twice! which coming from 2nd gear sliding is quite the accomplishment for me! This car is awesome! love it! Miiiight need more power in the near future though...

had to fix my rear bumper as somehow the bottom bolts broke/fell out. As in all of them actually. So I ran some self tapping screws to hold it on as trying to drill/tap 10 bolts would not be a fun process, and it would have been quite the adventure.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

86boy wrote:So the ol' w58 survived it's first beating at Round 2. Learned how to control the 70-ish MPH drift in 3rd gear... successfully completed the course twice! which coming from 2nd gear sliding is quite the accomplishment for me! This car is awesome! love it! Miiiight need more power in the near future though...
:tu: Way to go Chris! Good deal!

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:
86boy wrote:So the ol' w58 survived it's first beating at Round 2. Learned how to control the 70-ish MPH drift in 3rd gear... successfully completed the course twice! which coming from 2nd gear sliding is quite the accomplishment for me! This car is awesome! love it! Miiiight need more power in the near future though...
:tu: Way to go Chris! Good deal!

Thanks Jonas. Here's a little video from my GoPro. I also received the PLX Wideband, and hopefully soon I'll have the Haltech stand alone up and running fully. I managed to get it to idle, and such before leaving Nebraska. Hopefully it's just playing with fuel, and setting extra features up now.

"Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

So I've been playing around with Haltech, and really starting to learn it a little more. After chatting/discussing with Lattanzi... I was soon punched in the face by my own stupidity. I was making it WAYYY harder than it should have been. I got over the learning curve of trying to figure out wtf I'm supposed to do....or even how to begin. Actually drove around a little playing with the fuel map no boost. Need to go through and do the ignition map as well. Figured while I'm learning it would probably be best not to just "jump" into the the boost side. Definitely a plus with the supercharger pulley... that engages and disengages :) I'm actually starting to believe I'll be able to get it damn close with a street tune.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Where in Texas my friend?
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

86boy

Post by 86boy »

North Dallas.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!! :zombie1: :mummy: :zombiezithead:

So it's been a while since I've posted on here... just 1 day over a full year. I haven't been very busy with my corolla as I've been adjusting to North Dallas, and getting a feel for Texas. It was quite a culture shock, size shock, and various other things. I've been tinkering around with my corolla again here and there.

Got the rear quarter panel fixed a little more that it was before. the big ass dents are finally out so I think I'm actually learning some basic metal work finally.

I've still been playing with the Haltech software. Which was being a huge PITA tuning for daily driving. I discovered there was a software update that fixed a lot of things. Which was why I could not get them to work as advertised. Now that all the huge bugs have been sorted with the latest update all the things that would make this journey easier has well.. become easier. I can also now do full throttle pulls with boost. Timing is still super conservative until I get the fuel portion dialed in really well. So I've made some big leaps in tuning this past weekend, and hopefully more this week.

I added a steering wheel and a quick release to the car as well. I also purchases a TIG welder which I'm going to start playing with here very soon. Money and Time have been an issue as I'm trying to learn new shit to move up in the I.T. world as well. Things are starting to move again in my garage. Just took me a while as the whole move was a pretty big life changer.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Cool beans there Chris @86boy. Glad to hear you're still hacking away at the Haltech. You've got to be getting pretty proficient at it by now. Does your tig do reverse polarity or just for steel?

86boy

Post by 86boy »

yeah it's just here and there that I'm playing with Haltech. I need a driver that will listen to what I tell them to do....or a dyno.

Ya it'll do reverse polarity as well. It'll handle Steel, SS, and Aluminum sir. :) It's nothing fancy, but it works.

I've kind of dropped off of anything car related as I still don't have enough money to do anything cool or worthwhile to it. So I'm just racking up miles at this point.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/