Yotarolla's AE86 Hach

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

yotarolla

Yotarolla's AE86 Hach

Post by yotarolla »

Some pics of when I first got it and a couple a little bit after....

put some yellow headlights in that I had layin around, but just for the picture really because I have gotten pulled over before when I had them on my FC. and I took those big ass cheap lookin wiper blades off!!!
Last edited by yotarolla on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

16vHachi

Re: Hello AE86

Post by 16vHachi »

Lookin good!
1984 Toyota Corolla- Drift Project
"Those aren't mudflaps!! They are mullets for tires!"
"Yall Doin That Skid Racin Again?"
Stay Sideways My Friends!

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

you should see it now, I've been doin alot of work to it, mainly repairing bad rust spots and just cleaning it up in general, can't wait to get all the metal work/fab and body work done so I can move on to paint. I was thinkin of doing a kind of restore/build thread, lmk what ya'll think.

16vHachi

Post by 16vHachi »

build threads are always great!!!
post some recent pics too
1984 Toyota Corolla- Drift Project
"Those aren't mudflaps!! They are mullets for tires!"
"Yall Doin That Skid Racin Again?"
Stay Sideways My Friends!

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

So where should I start my thread, what section I mean?

And heres a link to my HACHI folder the album is in order from newest to oldest and alot of the pics have descriptions

http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... 20and%20I/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slideshow240

Re: Yotarolla's AE86 Hach

Post by slideshow240 »

this is the first thread ive seen that has more replies then views lol
how does it work?!?!?!?!

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

LOLz, I'm pretty sure its because one of the moderators moved part of my introduction thread to this thread, kinda cool, I asked where I should start my thread and the next time I got on I magically had one :various3:

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

yotarolla wrote:LOLz, I'm pretty sure its because one of the moderators moved part of my introduction thread to this thread, kinda cool, I asked where I should start my thread and the next time I got on I magically had one :various3:
All in a days work :action10:

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

Haha nice, I've been taking a break from the body to do the vacuum delete on my 4ac, fun stuff!

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

So I'm starting over with this thread. This is my 85 sr5 hatch when I first got it not to long ago

Not too bad from a glance but this thing has got quite a bit rust. look above the rear quarter window you kinda have to look close.

Also the 4ac was all stock except the air cleaner and it had a "rebuild" as stated by previous owner, but I don't think they did much more than change maybe some gaskets, but who knows, the only thing I noticed that I could tell was new was the head gasket. The day I bought it, shortly after I left the guys house I had the water pump start seizing up on me, so as u can imagine it was hard to get the car home, luckly it wasn't far and I would stop when it started getting too hot. Anyway, replaced the water pump and drove it for a few weeks after, then the crank pulley broke in a wierd way, it might be common but it was only the part of the pulley that drives the water pump and alternator, it was spinning freely on its rubber bushing that it sits on and now that I think about when my water pump was seizing up on me and thought it was just in the disign of the pulley so that it doesn't stop the engine or lock up while your driving, makes sense. So I replaced that got her running again, and been doin some clean up and adding my own touches here and there(I put the Yellow headlights in)

I've been attacking the rust on this car, I'll show some before and now pics as its not quite finished but this is the piece I've been focusing on. fyi some of the dates are wrong cause I had to change batteries and didn't reset the date.

Theres alot more rust where that came from

Mainly focusing on the rear, my hatch door is garbage, it leaks and is rusted worse than the rear quarter glass area and someone stuffed a bunch of steel wool in there idk if thats some kind of a secret rust stopper but I don't think it worked very well, haha, but Im getting a new used one soon so its all good but heres a pic any way.

out with the old in with the new. I also treated the under metal with some stuff that turns rust into a primed paintable surface, this was after I ground out as much rust as possible, then after I treated it I sprayed all up in there with some Rustolium black paint while keeping enough metal exposed to weld on and such.

my rear end was bothering me so I did some thangz. I repainted the black line that someone did a horrible job on the taillights before I got it, then I sanded down the back, eliminating alot of surface rust and making it look alot better with the fresh paint

I also took my front bumper off to paint it and installed my yellow fogs

Some other pics...

I just finished doing the vacuum delete on my stock carb, I haven't taken any pics of it yet but heres the before pics, and I'll post up with mew pics tomorrow. Oh yeah and I painted some stuff in my engine bay with this cool gold spray paint I've had for a while I think it looks pretty similar to op secret gold, haha but way cheaper!

Will post more soon...
Last edited by yotarolla on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

nice man.... now come do my rust work

you'll be busy for weeks! lol
JDM AE86/AE92

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

Thanks man, haha yeah I still got alot of work to do on mine yet, goin to pick up a carbon fiber hatch tomorrow tho thats exciting! I've never had a piece of carbon fiber on any car that I've owned so yeah...

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Looks good man. Keep up the work and it will pay off later.
Thats the first time I have every seen the U.S. bumper of an 86...................I was like DAAAMN that thing is a big piece of metal.
http://facebook.com/86levin

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

rust is depressing. nice progress
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

I know right, I'm just glad its not into the frame or anywhere it would cause structural damage, can't wait to be done with the rust tho so I can move on to smoothing everything out and gettin some paint on her! I was thinkin of painting it with the same black I used on the rear end, it a Rust-Oleum Black semi-gloss protective enamel, I like the way it looks, its almost like a matte black.