Post by CBR_TOY »

looking good man.... I've always liked the GT Twin Cam 16 on the door

I've even thought about getting some for my doors
JDM AE86/AE92

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: my ae86

Post by dr.occa »

S12 skirts huh...they look in context. Cool beans. What's with the rotary sticker on the back windshield? Is there a rotary in the bay?

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

CBR_TOY wrote:looking good man.... I've always liked the GT Twin Cam 16 on the door

I've even thought about getting some for my doors
Thanks man. and yeah me too. If/when i get the car painted, i'm probably gonna try to get some decals for it again.
dr.occa wrote:S12 skirts huh...they look in context. Cool beans. What's with the rotary sticker on the back windshield? Is there a rotary in the bay?
Yeah, i was pretty surprised with the out come. and sorry to dissapoint you but no rotary here. hahaa its a local shops sticker here in tucson az called
''subversive" . thanks for lookin guys.
Nick
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

Looks like it might be time for another update. we got the whole intake side of the intercooler piping done. Now we're making flanges for the bov so we can mount it and be on our way. haha heres a few pics.
Brackets we made for intercooler:
The car should be done in a couple of weeks. Keep you guys updated. (:
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I think it should be road worthy enough to make the "short" jaunt over to Austin in august to meet up with the rest of the 86garage family. :D

slideshow240

Post by slideshow240 »

What does it change having the maf in the Intercooler system? I've heard a few things but want to hear your thoughts

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

dr.occa wrote:I think it should be road worthy enough to make the "short" jaunt over to Austin in august to meet up with the rest of the 86garage family. :D
Sorry bud. i moved back to where i came from, tucson, Az. but if i didnt, i woulda had my license already but the car wouldnt be as far along as it is now.
slideshow240 wrote:What does it change having the maf in the Intercooler system? I've heard a few things but want to hear your thoughts
Honestly, the only reason its on that side is to experiment. We are gonna take the car around the block tomorrow to see how the car acts. but at idle and reving it, it seems to act fine. Ill let you know as soon as i do bro.
Update: got the car running so we're gonna take it for a spin prolly tomorrow!:D
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

It's always good news to hear when another 86 project is back on the road where it belongs :tu:

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

Update! the car has been running for about a week. Problems? yes,. rear main seal popped off cause the crank case was being under boost. Noooo good. we decided to put a new rack and change the tranny while were at it. should be running in a few days. but while it was running, the car pulled hard!!! Think its got a good chance against the r32! The r32 actually ran a very disapointing 16 in the quarter at like 95 or so. I think i got him;D should update this soon enough,. till then, Goodbye
Nick
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

that must have been a mess my rear main just leaked and oil was on everything. I couldnt imagine blowing the rear main out...
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

Hey guys!! its been all too long. ive got a few updates.....i now have a janky looking rolla from getting beat on too much,,... this is now the 3rd motor since last time i posted and its broke now., but i have a pretty cool daily. its an 88 thunderbird turbo coupe. ive done quiet a bit to the bird since its all i have to toy with,. Pics to come sooon!!!!
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

Hey guys!! Sorry to bring a post from the dead! So. The rolla. Down again. Haha I got a 02 wrx and a ra29, and still have the t bird as well. Since last, I joined the Air Force so I'm actually in NJ now. The reason I bring this post back is just cause I love the people on these forums. So. When I get home I'll post pics over the ae86 in its last state, the t bird, the wrx and the celica! Thanks guys.
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx