Building a 7ac

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

B.Lane 88.
Tourist

Re: Building a 7ac

Post by B.Lane 88. »

Lol at Will and Thanks, guys hopefully I'll have some more updates next week.

yellowsnow4free
Tourist

Post by yellowsnow4free »

B.Lane 88. wrote:So I got really tired of having issues with turbos and tuning and bought a 1uzfe.

Wow, I thought this thread was dead, then BAM!, progress :)

If you don't mind (I'm very interested in a 1UZ swap in an AE86 SR5), I have a few questions on this swap, such as, "did you have to modify the firewall?" "did you do anything with the subframe?", "how are you handling the engine mounts?" and of course "how are you doing the wiring?" (diagrams would be awesome!)

Anyway, I didn't want to bombard you there, but I'm very excited to see this in your build :)

Good luck!

B.Lane 88.
Tourist

Post by B.Lane 88. »

@ yellowsnow4free I did not have to do any major work to the firewall other than beating it with a hammer. The sub frame Is still completely stock If you lowered it like McKenney did you may not even have to mess the firewall and trans tunnel up at all. As for the motor mounts I plan to copy McKenney's idea they seem to look great. Here is a link to his build thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4997&hilit=1uzfe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he has shared a lot of very valuable information If you want to do this swap. I'm really thankful he has posted so much on the subject. I havent started the wiring yet I'm saving that for the end but here are some useful links http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index ... opic=30736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is Joshiroku's build thread he has also done some great work and has done a very good write up. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope that helps answer some of your questions.

yellowsnow4free
Tourist

Post by yellowsnow4free »

B.Lane 88. wrote:@ yellowsnow4free I did not have to do any major work to the firewall other than beating it with a hammer. The sub frame Is still completely stock If you lowered it like McKenney did you may not even have to mess the firewall and trans tunnel up at all. As for the motor mounts I plan to copy McKenney's idea they seem to look great. Here is a link to his build thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4997&hilit=1uzfe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he has shared a lot of very valuable information If you want to do this swap. I'm really thankful he has posted so much on the subject. I havent started the wiring yet I'm saving that for the end but here are some useful links http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index ... opic=30736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is Joshiroku's build thread he has also done some great work and has done a very good write up. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope that helps answer some of your questions.
Thanks for the reply! That should help a lot :)