An exercise in Mexellence (my 86 hatch project)

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

oh some rear end bling congrats
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Image yay, aaron!

alex, let me know if you decide to sell the buddy club. i've got a coupe that needs some resurrecting.

congrats on the delivery of your 7-8 lbs baby kaaz.

mexellent

Post by mexellent »

Ok, time for some updates:

The axles were pulled out to install the LSD. I went ahead and replaced the bearings while everything was apart. The housing is assembled and back in the car. I dont think you guys really want pictures of that.

I also took the 4 straightest celi-supras I had and decided to paint them white. I figured this would be awesome because nobody had done it. But Aaron told me it HAS been done. Weak. Oh well... Mine are gonna have blue accents on em.

I had purchased an LSD rebuild kit from T3 but since I have no LSD to rebuild I returned the kit for store credit and bought these puppies!

While we were at it, Aaron and I went ahead and installed the battle version NRCA's on my car. Aaron is gonna stick my old RCA's in his 'rolla.

Also, I went ahead and ordered an HKS Sport exhaust, since the Buddy Club is just too loud. =P It looks like ass compared to the buddy club but oh well.

Man I miss mah girl...

mexellent

Post by mexellent »

THE COCKAROACHU IS ALIVE!!!!! The LSD is awesome and it sucks at the same time. Its awesome because once the car is sideways its really epic, but I did notice that on big sweepers during non-sideways driving the car does push a little bit. I think under REALLY high G's this wont be a big issue because the inside will lift but I thought it was an interesting observation none-the-less.

Check out that camber toe. Mmmmmm...

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

looks very clean mex. the white celisups offset the overall black "montage".

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

very clean indeed! i really like te black/white wheels combo
JDM AE86/AE92

Chris-pee
Tourist

Post by Chris-pee »

You bought that car from sam, I have some old pics of it :D

Looking great BTW, are you the one that bought the slave cylinder from me? if so did it work ok?

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

looks good! yours has the lean like mine!
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Rivan16
Tourist

Post by Rivan16 »

Too bad about the wheels but the idea I had for you to polish them is the same for the Supra wheels, if you want them to look "CHROMED".
It will take you about 2-3 hours per wheel but the results...
[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/1Trueno/HotAE86/Sillouette3.jpg[/img]

mexellent

Post by mexellent »

dr.occa wrote:looks very clean mex. the white celisups offset the overall black "montage".
Thanks Jonas and CBR. I agree. My friends were egging me on to paint them black. But I really dislike an all black car. I would like to do bronze wheels but at the time I coudnt find bronze paint and the time constraint did not let me order the paint.

Im happy with it. It is quite dirty though...
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/rjetta8v/deadzombiesattack-1-2.gif[/img]

Make the noise! MAKE THE NOISE! I LIVE FOR THE NOISE!

mexellent

Post by mexellent »

Chris-pee wrote:You bought that car from sam, I have some old pics of it :D

Looking great BTW, are you the one that bought the slave cylinder from me? if so did it work ok?
Yup!! I DID!! Its my car now! It was a little rough when I got it. Lucky for me my brother helped me sort out the electrical issues and now it runs like a clock. The slave cylinder worked great. I will be needing a brake master cylinder soon though =D
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/rjetta8v/deadzombiesattack-1-2.gif[/img]

mexellent

Post by mexellent »

Thanks mooreofit. I will have to get rid of that pretty soon otherwise Im not going to have street tires for much longer!
Rivan16 wrote:Too bad about the wheels but the idea I had for you to polish them is the same for the Supra wheels, if you want them to look "CHROMED".
It will take you about 2-3 hours per wheel but the results...
Rivan that looks awesome. Thats probably what I should have done, but I do like the white. To be honest, the wheels are in pretty bad shape. Lots of scratches and gashes and such, but they hold air pretty good and theyre not badly balanced.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

im cutting my springs to even it all out tomorrow. i wish i could afford new ones :cry:
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

HondaRue

Post by HondaRue »

going to Mineral Wells!!!

85 Hatch SR5 => GTS High Comp Levin!!!
84 Coupe SR5 => GTS JDM MAP 16V (My Wife's car!)

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Good luck... ur 86 looks good..