NE ae86

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

Re: NE ae86

Post by 86boy »

I wish I could be making progress in other way than this... but my climate control lever broke for selecting hot/cold... so it's manually set to hot for both the heater control valve, and the little flapper door. I start to get some heat, but not like it was. Also gotta figure out why the hell my return line from the heater core collapses on itself. I tried bleeding the air for about 2 hours in the snow earlier... de nada. pretty sure it's plugged up with crap or something. there's HOT antifreeze going through the heater core but barely piss warm air.....
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Yeah, gremlins like these work on my last nerve at times.

See about running it but open the bleed port on the driver side of the block. It should be near the oil pressure sender.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

interesting... I did not know there was a bleeder down there! Even on the 4agze?

idk why the return line is collapsing on itself, and it was pretty damn cold here the weekend. seemed like a high of 30*F hahaha
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Want see polaroids of 86 in snow.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Here's one I took

"Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I really dig that a lot.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:I really dig that a lot.

werd. I think it would have been better to get a picture before everyone walked all over the snow and schtuff.

I might have my hands on an SAFC pretty cheap here soon-ish. I'm down to try it out!

Little update on the car. I changed out the thermostat, and low and behold the engine temps ACTUALLY come up to operating temp. Now to find a thermo switch so the fans kick on/off correctly. Not 100% sure why but the thermostat is a 180* but the car runs a constant 195*F. Still barely any heat though... just enough to defrost the windshied.... while sitting still. It's pretty sweet. I'm going to run some water backwards through the heater core, and see if any nasty stuff comes out.

Also NST is getting closer to being on my s**t list..... that's all I'll say right now.

Going to swap out to bluetop cam's this weekend if I have enough shims. I have 48 shims currently.... so I hope that's enough, but I won't know until I get the cams in there to see how far off everything is. Then I'll have to reset the cam timing... again, but I'll have bigger pulley's if I ever get them from NST...
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

That's right, you ordered the GZE pulley kit. It was about 10 days ago right Chris? They're probably already on the delivery truck.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:That's right, you ordered the GZE pulley kit. It was about 10 days ago right Chris? They're probably already on the delivery truck.

they better be. I'm going to call NST here in a few minutes when I get my "break" (walking to another building for more work) at work today. I haven't received an email back except "Give me a few hours to take a look at this" and that email was 22 hours ago... NST is getting on my shit list real fast. I'm glad I didn't order the clear timing cover, and a couple other parts as I would be SUPER mad.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

damn your getting snow wow im wearing shorts right now
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Occa Well they finally shipped them out.... or they were stuck somewhere. But they are finally about 3 hours away from me, and hopefully will be here tomorrow.

Goosh yeah that was our 3rd snow storm. I can't wait to see if we get a blizzard! Lol
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

86boy wrote:Occa Well they finally shipped them out.... or they were stuck somewhere. But they are finally about 3 hours away from me, and hopefully will be here tomorrow...
Awesome Chris. I'm glad for ya that they'll be in your possession soon. :tu:

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:
86boy wrote:Occa Well they finally shipped them out.... or they were stuck somewhere. But they are finally about 3 hours away from me, and hopefully will be here tomorrow...
Awesome Chris. I'm glad for ya that they'll be in your possession soon. :tu:

yeah just another one of those frustration things that happens when you have to get EVERYTHING shipped in.... I have a lot of parts that I'm waiting on currently. Some I'm patient on due to the fragility of the parts. from companies I have no time to wait it seems. Hell I'm waiting on a MAP sensor, rear driveshaft, 2 side mirrors, and 2 front Orgin fenders. I'm not even remote mad I haven't seen any of that yet just due to the fact there's an understanding. When I have to wait longer than stated with companies I come unglued with that fairly easily. Doesn't make much sense, but it's just how it is with me lol.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

No it's understandable. It's best if companies/vendors update their shipping policies/delivery time information to realistic time frames. Honesty with customers is best - though you may sacrifice a sale at least you don't garner an unhappy customer who feels deceived. Deceived customers are far worse than ones that don't choose you because they found what they wanted on THEIR preferred terms somewhere else - the company loses no integrity and maintains what respect they have earned.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Chris, the parts from me will be shipped out next week some time. I'm rebuilding a 4age for a friend and just gonna sacrifice and pay the ridiculous freight. Tired of sitting on them and waiting for a good deal on shipping. Will text you with tracking numbers when I ship.