my 84 sr-gts hatch , bike carb project.

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

4agshoob

my 84 sr-gts hatch , bike carb project.

Post by 4agshoob »

first hatch ive ever owned....couldnt really turn down the offer. traded a drop in turn key blacktop 20v swap for this entire car running. its an 84 sr-5 hatch , with a kouki gt-s rearend and disc conversion, gt-s front sway bar, an immaculatly clean body and interior, and an R1 carbuterated 4ag......

okay a few update pics........hopefully ill have the "holy rollers" soon and set this thing down a bit further, and give it a little more aggressive stance than my coupe....if its possible =].....im gonna reconstruct the lip , im not happy with the way it came out. i think this time ill use 6" strip, and wont try to "lip" it out. just leave it strait like old school gila.

ive got a deep dish steering wheel ordered and hub, should be here withen a day or 2. also got some more tuning goodies in today to stash in the glove box with the msd 6-al, probably install them tomorrow. ive got a corbeau fixed back race seat , im thinking of putting it in here , but im not sure yet. this isnt gonna be a go fast car , but more of a 'rat-boso' deal. i currently have the exhaust shop fabbing me up an exhaust for it, of corse pics when that comes. ignore the mound of bags , tools , boxes, trash.....this is a project car. i wish i would have kept the black interior from the red coupe now.........but i didnt know then that id have this now.

706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: my 84 sr-gts hatch , bike carb project.

Post by mooreofit »

cool man.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

okay, unfortunatly the grenade shifter was a no go , im under the hood with the car idling , and im adjusting the carbs , revving , adjust , revving , and the damn weight of the grenade popped the car into 4th from neutral , luckily i wasnt revving when it did it , but i was under the hood on the passenger side. needless to say it came off. now its replace with a antique crystal doorknob.

these are the wheels im working a deal on ,13x8 +31 offset. the centers will be the same color as then engine, lips polished , and have 155-65's streched onto them then wedged under the fenders with a slight pull.

706-669-6578 EST

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Looks good man. Love it being a hatch :various3:

As for the shifter good thing ya wasnt in the way or pinned in a garage against the wall.

Keep it up.
http://facebook.com/86levin

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Nice B10 hatch. I'm sure you meant "negative"31. Cool beans.

It's a good thing it didn't pop into a lower gear. We probably wouldn't be reading a post about it :shock:.

Who's Sunny is that?

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

thats a local enthusiest's car, he kills it at the track, at absolutely hates his spare wheels, lol.

this is why i never stand over an engine bay in front of a running car , always to the side ;)

and yeah "-31" my bad......
706-669-6578 EST

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

5hu83r7 wrote:thats a local enthusiest's car, he kills it at the track, at absolutely hates his spare wheels, lol......

What's in the engine bay: could we get some pics by chance? I'm nosey can you tell.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

very very nice hatch and an even better deal on it.... i'd surely drive that
JDM AE86/AE92

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

ill see if i can snap a few pics when we meet up to do the deal on the wheels , if he dont drive it , im sure he'll send me some pics of it .
706-669-6578 EST

jay
Tourist

Post by jay »

this type of set up doesnt need the gts harness does it ??? i heard that if you are carbin a 16v you can use the same sr5 harness?? im looking to do a set up like this i got the carbs and few other things but havent scrapped up the funds to pick up a 16v motor.. i might just drop a 16v head on a spare block i have and see if i can get it done that way any who .. just asking caues i want my engine bay to look sweet like this one.. any info would be great guys...Thanks.. i love this set up by the way... :various3: any other pics??

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

I like your setup, always wanted a carbed 4ag, this one looks done nicely and is pretty clean..Do you now anything about the jetting?

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

looks good