R35 Assembly Line

Anything related to Skyline: Kpgc10, Kpgc110

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

R35 Assembly Line

Post by pecx »

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIh0WwFvEuI&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIh0WwFvEuI&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

nt66

Post by nt66 »

has anyone one seen one of these in the states yet?
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

the front kinda looks like a 350.

and I am still amazed at how hard working the japanese are

japan's auto > USA auto
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

hvguy wrote:...japan's auto > USA auto
um, you must be one of those US bashers. i don't believe you're giving your own country a fair turn by making blanket statements like that.

anyway, i don't really dig the front of the new skyline GTR. it's just really ubiquitous.

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

dr.occa wrote:
um, you must be one of those US bashers. i don't believe you're giving your own country a fair turn by making blanket statements like that.
Japan's population density-337 /KM
USA's population density-31 /KM

The US invented the internet, and japan was one of the last people to get it. their current download rate is about 100mb/s Ours is about 6mb/s.

When I was working at an automotive shop-all that we worked on was domestic vehicles and their crappy design.

Japan was also the last to get cellular phones. They are now on a 4G network and will be on a 5g network by next year... We just got a 3G network.

And in order to supply that much communication between the EXTREMELY dense population is unbelievable.

The US drags its lazy ass at everything.

And I understand that me, being a US citizen are apart of that group.

But thats why I'm trying to change; by re-inventing the wheel when it comes to the drifting and tuning scene.

Japan clearly has their shit together.

nt66

Post by nt66 »

hvguy wrote:
dr.occa wrote:
Japan's population density-337 /KM
USA's population density-31 /KM

The US invented the internet, and japan was one of the last people to get it. their current download rate is about 100mb/s Ours is about 6mb/s.

When I was working at an automotive shop-all that we worked on was domestic vehicles and their crappy design.

Japan was also the last to get cellular phones. They are now on a 4G network and will be on a 5g network by next year... We just got a 3G network.

And in order to supply that much communication between the EXTREMELY dense population is unbelievable.

The US drags its lazy ass at everything.

And I understand that me, being a US citizen are apart of that group.

But thats why I'm trying to change; by re-inventing the wheel when it comes to the drifting and tuning scene.

the japanese would slap you for keeping the single cam
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

hvguy wrote:...But thats why I'm trying to change; by re-inventing the wheel when it comes to the drifting and tuning scene.

japan ranks in the top 10 with the highest suicide rate in comparison to the US' low to mid 40 ranking. hmmm, so who has who's shit together. what good is all their technological advancement if their users and "benefactors" are killing themselves left and right amidst all this glorious technology?

what country do most people look to and flock to in hopes for a better life.

re-inventing drifting and tuning? i highly recommend you first learn the ropes of drifting by competing and ranking. in tuning, learn the basics and master them THEN see if you can do better than the giants that came before you not because you want to re-invent the wheel but because there's a better way.

i apologize in advance to you orlando for my curtness but if the exhaust journey that you took and dragged many of us along with you is a taste of things to come, i suggest you go to automotive school and knock down a bit of that arrogance of yours a few levels.

i am a bit offended by your presumptuous attitude that you, with very little experience in automotive tuning and racing, believed you could design and tune just as well if not better than experienced developers right out of the chute. your exhaust design(s) is an example: which you held the opinion to be better than that of seasoned tuners (people who have field tested in amateur and professional cups e.g. TRD, TODA, HKS, TRUST with thousands of dollars behind their research). these are people with degrees, years of experience in engine design, real world race engine tuning, etc...etc... after all you did to the exhaust, you ultimately opted for its original location. another example is your hood: your "vent" offers no benefits either in the area of cooling because it doesn't offer the hot air passing through the radiator fins a more expedient way of exiting or venting. hood spacers would be a better option over that. nor does it assist in introducing cold air to the intake because of its location to the down draught carb which is to the side of the opening. it may properly benefit a V8 or V6 setup where the intakes/carbs are usually located in the center of the power plant but not any car with its intake off-center. you're quite smart with electronics it seems but don't be so arrogant to assume that you're electrical prowess easily transfers over to the realm of automotive design, tuning and racing. the pretentiousness you've been exhibiting is quite off-putting and trivializes the hard work of truly great tuners and drivers which you don't seem to even acknowledge or recognize.

after this, i don't think anyone would blame you for not liking me or not calling me a friend anymore. i believe you, like the rest of us, should learn some humility. it's far more important to develop good character. all the reasons why you say or do things will stem from the quality of character you have.

sorry your thread got jacked pec. :cry:

Dorikun

Post by Dorikun »

Sorry I'm late here but Japan and the US have a relationship, call it whatever you want, but they do. With that said, the world is not perfect(Jonas taught me that :wink: I'm teasin), neither country is better than the other, just try to understand the difference between what facts and opinions are. All facts might sway your opinion to one side, but for the sake of you liking sushi or something, you might say Japan is a better country, no prob, that's how you feel. Right now as I type, the dollar is dropping, for the global economicaly aware(if you like the US) that's actually a good thing, keeps Japan at bay. Either way, my point is, both countries have a reason why they do what they do, it is just the relationship the US has with the rest of the world.

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

jonas-your just putting in your 2 cents, your still a friend. And I can see where your coming from. But in spite of what anybody says about the exhaust; it did help. Ask alex-he witnessed it beating his 22re celica, when before I lagged behind about 2 cars.

And the suicide rate over there is god working his magic to fix the population density....I think.

All in my opinion.

And everybody is my friend. Why have enemies when friends are more fun.

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

hvguy wrote:jonas-your just putting in your 2 cents, your still a friend. And I can see where your coming from. But in spite of what anybody says about the exhaust; it did help. Ask alex-he witnessed it beating his 22re celica, when before I lagged behind about 2 cars.

And the suicide rate over there is god working his magic to fix the population density....I think.

All in my opinion.

And everybody is my friend. Why have enemies when friends are more fun.
No more talk about god. We all know praying depletes the ozone layer.

I love the USA, I can't think of anywhere else I'd like to be. I think its just the leaders and big companys that are screwing us. If they would stop being corrupt the economy would have alot more money, and America could charge more for cars/trucks and improve the quality. Look at Toyota, the quality of them has not changed too much, even with the lack of respect the employees have with funding another country. I work on alot of cars, I agree that the American cars have more items that wear out quicker versus some foreign cars. You don't have to like USA vehicles but talking crap about them when your a usa resident is eh... not good :lol:

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

point noted