Justin Hosek and his FOYOBISHI AE86/4G86!!!!!

Decided to yank the "A" out from between the 4 & "G" and toss in a "63" into the mix? Well, whether it's a 4G, 6G or any other member of the "Mitsubishi Motors" engine family, you're more than welcome to call this section home.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

supra_750

Re: Justin Hosek and his FOYOBISHI AE86/4G86!!!!!

Post by supra_750 »

that is how this is the stock outlet for the head has been blocked and replaced with the front outlet via a freeze plug replacement kit from jay racing. just hope the water flows correctly to keep it cool and not to fast with the water pump. if so have to do a resistor inline to slow down the water flow

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I was wondering because I saw that you had the upper radiator neck connecting to where the water pump would normally be. I know the Miata B6 and the 4AG flow similarly and the motor I'm working I'm blocking off the upper water neck and moving the thermostat to the rear. From the rear it'll go back to the upper rad inlet. I mentioned to Manolo the possibility of running a Mezier e-pump and now he wants to do it. So the routing would be pump > upper rad inlet > lower rad outlet > main front coolant port (where the factory pump use to be) > block > head > back of head > back to pump > repeat. I guess I'm just wanting to compare notes.

Mexd1_Sicario
Tourist

Post by Mexd1_Sicario »

yea i like the idea of having the ability to control the flow of the water and eliminating any and possibly all heating problems. my idea is to keep the cars oil pressure and temp always at its ideal working performances. and the same can be said about the water.

keeping the motor well lubricated and at a good temp is make all the difference in the word. longevity = performances....

in my opinion.

p.s this is by far one of the coolest swaps looked at... very cool...
its a SR5... sooooo its still a AE86... nooooo its a SR5... aaaaaaaa whatever.... you still don't have one so HA... I WIN!!!Image

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

so... a little update
Jonas if your going to do a e pump like me be sure to wire in a solid state relay dc-dc to control flow. (I ordered the hella one on summit racing, hoping it works good its a lot smaller then the others ive found.) that is what im having to do on the haltech depending on water temp is how fast the pump spins to get to operating temp.

starting on wire up got in most of the parts and plugs to get it all clean and running. got a fuel rail and 1600cc high imp bosch injectors. 4ch aem ignitor to control the coil packs individually. boost solenoid for the ecu. a sweet ass hurst t5 short shifter!!! running the -8 fuel line next week fittings come in tomorrow....

got new struts for the back went with the afco pro touring 38 series double adjustable 7 inchs of travel. which marty @ autocomp is pretty excited about. all the -3 brake lines and fittings just came in.
pushing for Mexican standoff we will see how it all comes together hoping to have the car there

ps. mexd1 thanks man its coming together great. super excited to have power in my car

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Solid state dc-to-dc relay huh. That's a good to know as I wouldn't have considered that detail. Thanks for that Justin. I'm anxious to see you make it to HOU with it. I've decided that MW is just too far for me.

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

me too man so ready to rip it again

Rayray86
Tourist

Post by Rayray86 »

4g63 is an amazing motor. I miss my evo8 ; ;

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

gunna do an update soon guys sorry ive been away from the forums lately but I have been busting my ass on my other cars waiting for this to come back from marty

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

No worries Justin. I saw the "updates" in person and they are awesome :tu:

Looking forward to the coming polaroids.