WTB Almost any Gt-s

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

GoreChain
Tourist

WTB Almost any Gt-s

Post by GoreChain »

I want to start off by saying my budget is a total of $3,083.97 I know this isn't much so I am not expecting a gold mine but I am just hoping that this will finally help me find one I can afford.

Now as my title says I am willing to buy any gt-s, I have a few qualifications.

I would hope that it wont be a money pit, I don't want a vehicle with frame damage. My accord had that and I was constantly doing repairs on it because nothing would ever stay in its place.

I would prefer that it has no modifications because my insurance will most likely go up. Body mods I guess would be fine I don't think they care about that.

If it has modifications and that's the only thing I can get then I understand and will take it.

I love this car and really want it as a daily so I just want it to be strong to deal with that.

I really will take anything as long as most the damage is only cosmetic, I was willing to buy one that had seats that had holes in them and it was really rusty but the engine was clean but the man sold it piece by piece to people for parts.

I will leave my number here in hopes that I could get a text or call with offers. 352 - 509 - 0103

SkabRock5

Re: WTB Almost any Gt-s

Post by SkabRock5 »

Who doesn't want a GTS as their first AE86? If that is what you really have your heart set on, then by all means go for it. I own an SR5 and I am extremely happy with it. When I bought it my plans were to convert to 4AGE and eventually to GTS but decided to go for the cost effective 3TC engine instead. I aint gonna lie, my carbed 3T pulls way harder than my friend's 4AGE. All I'm saying is keep your options open if your GTS isn't available.

GoreChain
Tourist

Post by GoreChain »

Well I say GTS but I would be perfectly happy with a SR5 as well as long as its Manual and in decent condition, as far as i know the only true differences between the two are the engine and the interior.

I don't want to limit myself to much, I just don't want my insurance premiums to go up. If it wasn't an issue I'd be more open to other vehicles, the Trueno is my dream but if I wasn't so tight on cash I'd open my mind to things like an RX-7 or a 240z.

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

definitely keep your options open as stated above, now days these are getting harder to find and I hope you find the gts you're looking or but nowdays you gotta have some good luck or spend some $$ to get a true gts. Either way a gts or sr5 can be equally clean depending on your income and the direction you want to take it. Anyway good luck, also keep an eye open on craigslist, things pop up every once in a blue moon :tu:
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

GoreChain
Tourist

Post by GoreChain »

Okay so its not a ae86 buuut its a 1985 MR2 Mk1 with a engine swap 4age in good condition built to rev high but its fine tranny needs to be rebuilt and there is one oil leak that I can fix and it was only 700 I got it today its in running condition and I'm in love.

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

GoreChain wrote:Okay so its not a ae86 buuut its a 1985 MR2 Mk1 with a engine swap 4age in good condition built to rev high but its fine tranny needs to be rebuilt and there is one oil leak that I can fix and it was only 700 I got it today its in running condition and I'm in love.
badass kudos man!
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

those are bad ass too congrats man

GoreChain
Tourist

Post by GoreChain »

Thanks guys, replacing tranny soon and as soon as im done with that it be in dang good shape the tranny and clutch were the only things majorly wrong with it other then the ac would be my next big fix then the rest is just cosmetic but I think it looks dope

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Right on man. Closing thread since you found your car.