JDM rear bumper fiberglass reps (Feeler)

If you're an automotive related shop (apparel, automotive parts or service) be it big or small this is the place to "shop" your wares.

For a dedicated section of your own please contact the Admin Team for further information.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

hotdoghogie

JDM rear bumper fiberglass reps (Feeler)

Post by hotdoghogie »

Ok guys I have be playing with fiberglass on my car for a while and have been thinking about doing reproduction OEM JDM rear bumper covers. They would probably run about $250 each but I guarantee these wont be cheap and flimsy reps. As far as shipping goes this will most likely be 86Garage.com members exclusive until I gauge more interests.

Two things...
-I either need to borrow somebody's JDM rear bumper to make a mold out of. Bumper must be in good shape.
-Or we all wait until I get my real one from japan land so I can make reps.

Let me know and ask me questions. Yes I will ship. I am located in Abilene. Texas not Kansas.

Jay_ATX
Tourist

Re: JDM rear bumper fiberglass reps (Feeler)

Post by Jay_ATX »

Hmm sounds great. I think fitment in the number one priority when it comes to fiberglass parts so if its snug, I'd definitely be down for one.
Last edited by Jay_ATX on Tue May 07, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

Sounds good to me. You can borrow my JDM kouki rear AND my jblood add-ons. LMK
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

morgan

Post by morgan »

I would be interested if...
-zenki
-mounts same as oem
-fitment is close to oem

Fiberglass can be a bitch on large parts, keep us updated.

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

I don't think fitment will be a big issue if I use a mold to make it. I probably won't use a flexible resin. My experience with regular resin with more layers as opposed to thin flexible molds is when they take a hit, the thick mold tends to hold up better. Also flexible molds tend to sag after a bit, the fitment looks horrible.

Morgan I think you might be in line for something more OEM then, as far as the first batch will go they are more directed to people who aren't building resto cars and aimed more towards track cars who want light parts and don't feel like paying JDM tax. I feel if you are wanting something to that caliber you should hit up Facebook and find some guys over in the mother land who are willing to ship you their JDM bumpers and supports for your USDM ones. Those guys are more hungry for our giant bumpers then you might think. As for the Kouki/zenki issue it will most likely be Kouki since it is the more sought after style.

Like I said this will be just a shell, if you want the supports and OEM gizmos that go with you are on your own. But I won't let any go until I am satisfied with fitment, body line, and overall finished product.

This might just end up being one of those make the drive and bring some beer, pay for resources and get me drunk enough to just give you free of labor. Lol most stuff is. Either way man it's more for the sake of the community, I could really care less about profit and more about friends. Hooks up are always better then spending full price IMO. I'm more a tradesman not a salesman.

vtecpanda86
Tourist

Post by vtecpanda86 »

you can use my JDM bumper once my car get back state side

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

this could potentially be very cool. i would offer up my rear bumper but it is in 2 pieces so i also might be intersted in the future.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Actually I'd rather use the one in 2 pieces depending how bad it is. I'd hate to ruin an unpainted bumper doing the mold.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

hotdoghogie wrote:Actually I'd rather use the one in 2 pieces depending how bad it is. I'd hate to ruin an unpainted bumper doing the mold.
well it has been cut so its not like it is disfigured or anything also mine is a kouki. ill get some pics up tomorrow
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

OK cool.

Been super busy with my projects lately haven't really had much time to work on this.

tryangle

Post by tryangle »

lmk when ready

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

crap been to busy to snap off some pics ill get them this weekend for sure
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

here are the pics i promised
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM