Powdercoated ssr mki?

Wheels and Tires Dicussion

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

aj.hudson

Powdercoated ssr mki?

Post by aj.hudson »

Well i got some ssr mki I wanna use on my aw11. They are 14x6 13et . They need refinishing this means a lot of work for me cause I cant afford to pay to get em polished. Thinking about powdercoating them as I can get all four done for 100$. I am thinking chrome(should look similar to polishing them without the need to polish again) or black chrome or some other color... I am completely undecided id just like to hear you alls thoughts...
My car
ImageImage
The wheels.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

aj.hudson

Re: Powdercoated ssr mki?

Post by aj.hudson »

Polished 2 so far... this as good as I can get em... spent way too much time just to get this far... what you guys think... keep em this way or still powdercoat em? ImageImage
Bottom is how.they started....

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Keep them that way. Dont paint them. I made a polisher a few years back.
http://facebook.com/86levin

aj.hudson

Post by aj.hudson »

Well these instead might be up for sale..... I was going to have em redrilled to 4x100. They then would have a dual bolt pattern. Adapters won't work as they are pretty aggressive for aw11 fitment anyways and any adapter would put them further out than I want.... well redrilling is looking like it will cost around 150-200 per wheel! That coupled with ssr lugs @100$ puts these wheels I already have outta my price range lol...