4agze vs Haltech Platinum Sport 1000

Wiring, harnesses, factory and after market management, ignition, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

4agze vs Haltech Platinum Sport 1000

Post by 86boy »

Ok so I made a jumper harness for this so I can still drive my corolla as well as not cutting up the stock harness for this engine. Everything powers up and everything seems to be working... except getting all 4 cylinders to fire. I'm getting 2 cylinders (#2 and #3) to fire on the "wasted spark" setting under ignition. Then if I change it to "distributor" I get the other 2 cylinders (#1 and #4) to fire, and that's it. I can't get all 4 to fire on one setting. I have 7mgte (same as the GZE) igniter just setup to use 4 of the 6 cylinders, and this works just fine with the stock ECU.

now it's wired up IGd (Toyota) to Ignition #2 (Haltech) and IGt (Toyota) to Ignition #1 (Haltech).

The CAS is wired like this:

CAS ne goes to: +trigger on the ecu
CAS g1 goes to: +home on the ecu
CAS G- goes to : Home and Trigger "-"

g2 isnt used on the CAS

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I know it's getting fuel in every cylinder as it acts like I have a dead coil pack... which in a sense I do with it not getting a signal to BOTH coil packs.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: 4agze vs Haltech Platinum Sport 1000

Post by dr.occa »

Maybe this thread might help?

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Not really. They don't discuss the Igniter, and also I am using the 4agze CAS not the 4age dizzy. Also where the hell are they getting "24 teeth"?! The GE cam has 13 and the dizzy has 13.... The GZE has the same 13 teeth on the cam and 13 teeth on the CAS.... That doesnt' make a lot of sense to me....

There's very limited (as usual) information out there on the 4agze (DLI/MAP) and Haltech... lol I tried looking for a Megaquirt setup, but all the setup's I've seen they've used other coil packs, and igniters. Something about this engine doesn't like me playing with it... as I'm kinda back to a similiar issue of only half the cylinders firing. Only this time I know for a fact it's something to do with the aftermarket ECU, and something with my wiring. lol Plug the stock ECU back in, and it fires on all 4 cylinders. lol

I also attempted to register for Haltech's forums, annnndddd I can't register it just keeps refreshing on the "accept" "decline" page. SO I sent them an email today asking about wiring, and if the stock igniter can/will work. Also told them about the forum issue. So hopefully I'll hear back from them sometime soon.

I'm waving the flags for help :various4: I've even been searching for the 7mgte setups because ideally it's the same damn thing only with 2 extra cylinders. I'm even using an igniter from the 7mgte.

I'm down to this last little piece yet again, and as usual... it won't defeat me...
Last edited by 86boy on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I've also ran into this crap a couple times...

Re: 7 mgte igniter
by RyleyMA61 on Fri May 21, 2010 3:00 pm

i emailed haltech and they gave me a diagram for the 4AGZE CPS, which works the same

Sooooo why don't you share with the rest of the community?! bleh.... whatever.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I broke down and decided to see how much I get flamed on club4ag with this... so we'll see how well this goes.

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=114035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

OK since then I discovered why the 4agze/7mgte has no support with the wiring. It has what they call Multiplexing.

click the link to understand what multiplexing is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplexing

Apparently no one has been able to get this to work correctly... I read AEM was somewhat successful with this with their EMS. It was only somewhat successful with 1 EMS.... if you were lucky. So I have decided to go the route of using a DSM igniter or in mitsubishi termonolgy "Power Transistor". I believe I have the connector, and the wires already just need to get the power transistor now. Just thought I'd update this so it was out there.... instead of hording the knowledge. I did find this knowledge, but after digging for a while.

Apparently the 2jz igniter is a more sutable swap as it doesn't use multiplexing. After the 7mgte Toyota must have realized it was a bad idea, and caused more issues than needed. Only downfall is the "DH61" (2jz igniter part number) is $450 dollars for a new one, and the connector from Toyota is like 13, but EACH pin for that connector from Toyota is like $6.50. So I decided to go down a cheaper route. A NEW power transistor from any auto part store costs around $100. That's a lot cheaper than the 2jz one. In a bigger city those 2jz igniters might be found easier, but for where I live I know of 1 2jz-ge in a Lexus that my friend owns.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Ok so a little update on this thread. I got a Power Transistor (igniter) from a 1G eclipse. I'm currently getting spark on all cylinders, but I can't even get the car to sputter like it want to start... It's a long shot, but any ideas?
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

If it won't act like it's "squeezing" anything then it could be no fuel and/or timing is way off.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

thanks Dr. the timing was WAAAYYYY off. Played with the settings again and finally got it back to where it's damn close. It still wouldn't start... sooooo I started playing with the dwell timing. Bumped it up to 4.0 ms and it started, but REALLY rich. I think I need to up that a little bit more because it's stupid rich and I even pulled fuel out of the base... and nothing changed... haha I stopped there.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

be carefull with dwell times they can burn up coils. did you up your injectors?
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

86boy

Post by 86boy »

mooreofit wrote:be carefull with dwell times they can burn up coils. did you up your injectors?

no I did not. Also discovered the TPS isn't being recognized either. Going to look back at the jumper harness.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Haltech finally sent me a base map for a 4AGTE seemings how everyone appears to be stingy with these things... Imma try it and if it works I'll see about uploading it somewhere for people to download.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Very cool of Haltech and you Chris. I'd love to see the ignition and fuel tables on it.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

After I loaded it up on my laptop... my wideband took a crap so that's in for "warranty" repair... ugh...
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I have been able to drive it around the block, and learn how to read the logs. :) no supercharger involved yet, but learning more now! @Dr.Occa I'll see if I can't take a screen shot of their ignition tables/fuel tables
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/