wire fuel pump with20v-sr5 dash harness with gts gas tank

Wiring, harnesses, factory and after market management, ignition, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Mase86
Tourist

wire fuel pump with20v-sr5 dash harness with gts gas tank

Post by Mase86 »

So i know this might have been answered on here but i searched and did see anything cut and dry on this. Doing a 20vBT swap MS2 in an sr5. I kept the dash harness in. I'm getting a gts gas tank from a buddy of mine and just want to make sure i'm thinking of this right. Wanted to know is it going to be better to hard wire the pump straight to the battery or tap into the 12v source in the ignition wires, I'll also be connecting this to a toggle switch. I am thinking pump with ground, wire connected to a relay to toggle to 12v ignition wire?? Is this corect or am i missing a step. Thx

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: wire fuel pump with20v-sr5 dash harness with gts gas tan

Post by dr.occa »

You can wire in the pump where YOU control it with a toggle switch as you mentioned or you can have the MS unit energize it. Either method will work.

pump>switch>inline fuse>+12v(battery)

or

pump>switch>low pressure oil switch>+12v(battery)

or

MS2 (pin 37)>relay>pump>fuse>+12v(battery)

Mase86
Tourist

Post by Mase86 »

Any pros or cons with these setups that you have heard or seen mostly with the last 2 setups.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

With the low pressure switch, the purpose is to protect your motor in the event of very little to no oil pressure: you just won't get any fuel to keep it going or start it up.

The MS connection is just to hand the responsibility over to the ecu which can also be used to control the fuel pump depending on a specified event/variable IIRC.

Mase86
Tourist

Post by Mase86 »

Thx for the info. I think the low oil pressure set up will be the best way to go due to me racing all the time. I'll be adapting an accusump pump as well. I think i'll be able to adapt other safty features along with this setup so there's other safety shutoffs i can add as needed