DIY-wire aw11 turn signals to an ae86 for jdm zenki bumper

Wiring, harnesses, factory and after market management, ignition, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

morgan

DIY-wire aw11 turn signals to an ae86 for jdm zenki bumper

Post by morgan »

since the jdm ae86 zenki signals are hard to come by, and cost a lot, i decided to make an adapter harnesses for the aw11 front turn signals that i will be using on my jdm zenki bumper. you can buy the complete aw11 housing from the dealer still, for around $100 for the set. i have a dealer hook up if you want, below dealer cost i can sell parts for. ;)
Right Side assembly p/n 81510-80013
Left Side assembly p/n 81520-80013

the lenses are actually the same p/n as the jdm zenki ones.
usdm aw11/jdm zenki ae86 lense #'s below...
Right Side lense p/n 81511-22221
Left Side lense p/n 81521-22221

the difference between the 2 assemblies are: the mounting points, and the jdm 86 housing is split into 2 sections with 2 bulbs(1 for parking lights/one for turn signals) while the aw11 is one bulb, 3 wire, working as the parking lights and turn signals.
i bought some old cra@ppy usdm signals too use the plugs from, and found mating plugs for the aw11 signals, on a fwd sedan ae92(which only had 2 wires and i needed 3 so i needed 3 plugs total for that.
corner lights from this car...

aw11 signal at the top/ae92 plugs on left/ae86 signal plugs cut from the busted old housings on the right.
little wiring diagram, notice the pic on right is of the aw11 signal plug, not the ones from the ae92. you need to use that 3rd ae92 plug and pull the wires from it. its easy do de-pin a plug, just need a small screw driver. then just put one wire in each of the 2 other plugs.
solder and shrink wrap each wire, connecting the corresponding colors of the 86 plug, to the correct same color wires on the aw11 housing plug. so you end up with this...
plugged into the aw11 signals...
time for testing...they work, shweet! if you happen to wire it incorrectly, just depin the ae92 plug and wire it right.
fin...

(mounting will be tackled later)