Cigarette Lighter and Radio wiring

Wiring, harnesses, factory and after market management, ignition, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

arco
Tourist

Cigarette Lighter and Radio wiring

Post by arco »

It'll be a while till I actually go that route. Thanks for the info on the fuel cell. I'll look into it more.

So I found out that the car was broken into and the stereo was jacked years ago. Thanks why I have a saturn radio now. haha. Anyway, I was able to get a radio and speakers to replace them but I found out that the harness was cut. I don't understand the wiring yet. They cut into the wiring for the cig lighter too so that's why it hasn't been working.

Can anyone help me out somehow with what I'm looking at? What is the wiring supposed to look like? Does anyone have a spare section of the radio/cig lighter wiring?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: CA: New kid on the block. First TOY

Post by dr.occa »

Go ahead and post your tech related questions in the appropriate tech sections. It helps keep useful info and discussions organized for everyone to find. I'll go ahead and move your post and mine to the Electrical tech section.

As for the cigarette letter, it should be a 4 wire box connector (this same connector doubles up as light connectors for JDM Kouki bumper light connectors).
The radio connector, maybe someone here can take a quick pick of it for ya. I can't at the moment unfortunately.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Re: Cigarette Lighter and Radio wiring

Post by ga_goosh »

my radio clip was removed from my car too. I hard wired in an aftermarket unit. a cool trick to identify the speakers + & - is to get a AA battery. take off the speaker cover so you can see the speaker. get both wires that go to the speaker and attach the wires to the AA battery. one to + and the other to -. if the speaker sucks in then switch the wires. after that the speaker will come out at you. the wire on the + side of the AA is speaker + and the other is speaker -. then just repeat for the other 3 speakers

that takes care of the 8 speaker wires.
there should be 4 wires left and you will need a volt ohm meter (VOM) to confirm the rest If you dont have a VOM then you can use a test light.
12v memory - check the remaining 4 wires and only one will have power if the car is off.
acc 12v - check this wire with car on engine off. it will have power with the key in and no power with the key out.
Illumination - will have power when the parking/dash lights are on and no power when the dash parking lights are off.
and of corse ground

if you have a levin with the power antenna then there will be one more wire that will go to the blue power antena from the radio this will auto lift the anrtena up when the radio is on
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM