Calling the Megasquirt gurus.

Wiring, harnesses, factory and after market management, ignition, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

hotdoghogie

Calling the Megasquirt gurus.

Post by hotdoghogie »

Hey finally got everything wired up and it's all working computer wise. I'm running MS2 PCB3.0. I am running off the 4 tooth VR in the dizzy. Honda 240cc injectors from a OBDII accord (95).

For the love of me, I can't get her to fire up. I have tried every combo of timing and nada. I can get a put put at full throttle but it never has really ran. You can also smell fuel like it's flooding. Am I just missing the obvious? I'm on fixed timing @ 10* adv. and synced with MS as best as I could get it with the starter. But I never feel like the timing is right, my bendix is about dead from the engine kicking back so much (I'm sure it's old ass was on it's way out anyway). The kickback is a sign of timing, I can get it to run with the starter but it won't actually start up like that. Sadly she started up with the carbs and would rev up to redline no problems just never got her to idle very well.

I am getting pretty frustrated, I have way too much money into this car and no luck. Maybe I will just trade her in for a 240... :twisted:. lol joke!

hotdoghogie

Re: Calling the Megasquirt gurus.

Post by hotdoghogie »

Awkward part is the tach on the car and MS both read correct rpm.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Have you tried contacting DIY Autotune? The guys there are very knowledgeable with Megasquirt. They should be able to tell you how your MS parameters should be configured initially.

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

Got to playing with it just for shits before my work week (work a week off a week nice gig). But yeah I was all depressed, didn't want to go to work like that. My buddy gets to doing some info and I say "Hey those injectors where out of ****blah***" ... annnnd just that quick we found out what the issue was. Didn't know Accords use low impedance injectors on the OBDII cars unlike Civics and Tegs. Fired right up.

Yeahhhh... cool story.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Awesome discoveries are the ones that not only start your car up but expand your experience and library of "that's good to know" things for future check out. Congratulations on getting it to fire up :tu:

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoJjuRNd ... ature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She does things! Needs more love though.