Dash Harness to Engine Harness Question

Wiring, harnesses, factory and after market management, ignition, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

c4ptiv3

Dash Harness to Engine Harness Question

Post by c4ptiv3 »

Finally got the plug I needed to connect the dash harness to the engine harness, however, we ran into a problem with the wiring colors on the existing dash harness and the piece I got to solder into it. For the most part all the colors matched up. I've attached a picture of the 2 wires that didn't line up and what we soldered them too after looking at the schematics and the engine harness plug.

so we connected

Brown and White(engine side) to White(dash harness side)
Red and White(engine side) to Black and White(dash harness side)

also, we had a White and Blue wire on the Dash harness side that didn't run to anything on my engine harness. I figured this was AC related after looking at Schematics and my old destroyed harness.

and we had two Black wires with Red dots(ground dash harness Side) that we had to solder together to one Black with Red Dots(engine harness side) since there wasn't two.

Any feedback would be fantastic.

RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: Dash Harness to Engine Harness Question

Post by mooreofit »

is this all stock stuff or is it on a swap?

if its all stock stuff and the wires colors are just different it shouldnt matter as long as they feed the same pinouts as before.

if its swap stuff you will need a connector pinout to make sure what everything is and where it feeds.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

it's stock stuff, and we checked the other side of the connector to make sure those lined up, there was just a different number of wires on the engine side verses the dash side.

There wasn't even a connector for the white/blue wire. I'm guessing maybe some of these didn't come with A/C?

Also there was one extra ground wire from my existing dash harness that the newly acquired plug didn't have. So we just soldered both into one. (black wires red dots)
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

so the dash harness and engine harness are from different cars?

if so i you will need the diagrams from both car years to make sure of the pinouts.

running any red to black wire always makes me want to double check a diagram.my little brother has alldata at work.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

it was a from a gts. my existing dash harness just had 3 wires more than the piece I got from Aaron
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST