NRG short hub and quick release install

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

yashiro86

Re: NRG short hub and quick release install

Post by yashiro86 »

Ohhh gotcha! Well its weird now the horn works but still locks the turn signals...I think it might be because I didn't grind Down the two grooves far enought from the sides because I couldn't really reach in that much with the grinder I was using. :/ ehh at least the horn works!

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

haha yea it really depends i grinded mine down so many times and put it all together and took it all apart to make sure everything was working right, it's just time consuming but im sure you'll get it, the horn working is the most important part imo
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Yea that's what worried me the most. So another question, does the hub go on a specific way? Because I have it with the nrg logo at the top and centered. Like the grooves...do they matter where they go? Because if it does matter I might have put it on wrong and that's why the turn signals don't cancel? Maybe? Lol

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

yea it is a bit specific but the logo should be facing the 12 o clock position so it should be fine BUT if you want to double check just pull it off and make sure it's lined up with everything wouldn't hurt to double check

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Right on! I think ill check Thursday when I'm off...because I noticed the red circular thing moves around...Hehehe ill mess will it and see if I come up with something lol thanks for the help! Much appreciated!!!

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

yea the red circular thing should be the turn signal cancel if i remember correctly it fits into the grooves on the back of the hub and turns with the hub when you move the wheel left or right and when it goes far enough if the turn signal is on it should cancel BUT i do remember some people saying that after doing the hub install they had to manually turn the signal off i can't remember it's been so long

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Ohhhh ok well ill check and see...man might not have auto cancel signals anymore :/ lol