New wheel ideas

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

BlackStar
Tourist

New wheel ideas

Post by BlackStar »

my car has stock sr5 13's, and while I like them, I am lusting after another wheels lol. I know the current trend is deep dish wheels on narrow tires, but it's not for me. What I do like is a flat faced wheel with zero lip. for example, from ericsfreeae86's for sale thread:

I also have a love for three spoke wheels or atleast swept spoke wheels, like these enkei curly:

I know these wheel styles are in that inbetween phase between old school cool and unheard of, so what I am looking for are somehting similar. s13 wheels are dman close, i think the only thing that is wrong are the offsets i think, and maybe a bit to big for an ae86? for example:

I also kind of like the old infinit g20 wheels, but they are not quiet what i am wanting

I figure my best bet for the type of wheels I want are probably gonna to be a set of stock wheels from the late 80's/early 90's with the right lug pattern and offset, but i'm drawing up blanks on any similar wheel. Size wise I am thinking maybe 14's? not to wide, I just have a daily driver, I feel 15's are a bit to large, and heavy mostly. Whichever wheel I would get, I would paint them white, since my coupe is going to be white and black two tone.

BlackStar
Tourist

Re: New wheel ideas

Post by BlackStar »

found something hand for sure

Scooter979
Tourist

Post by Scooter979 »

I just posted some mag 3 spoke rims forsale if still looking

FancyMan
Tourist

Post by FancyMan »

hello there. I know that my post here is quite late and I do apologize for that. The topic here caught my attention. Anyway, any updates for this? Any ideas here of where can I get good but affordable rims? I've visited several online store of car part last week but I can't find rims for my budget. I hope that you guys can help me. Thanks
Last edited by FancyMan on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

FancyMan wrote:hello there. I know that my post here is quite late and I do apologize for that. The topic here caught my attention. Anyway, any updates for this? Any ideas here of where can I get good but affordable rims? I've visited several online store of car part last week but I can't find rims for my budget. I hope that you guys can help me. Thanks
what's your budget? if it's in the 400-600/set range, you're only bet are Drag's, XXR's or maybe Rota's. If you don't mind used wheels, you should look in the wheels for sale section on club4ag.com or japanesenostalgiccar.com

mozartung

Post by mozartung »

I have a used set of 002s xxr for sale
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349545643.354783.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349545643.354783.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 2431 times

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

FancyMan wrote:hello there. I know that my post here is quite late and I do apologize for that. The topic here caught my attention. Anyway, any updates for this? Any ideas here of where can I get good but affordable rims? I've visited several online store of car part last week but I can't find rims for my budget. I hope that you guys can help me. Thanks
Unless you have some sort of plan of what "look" you are hoping to accomplish, then you are just throwing darts in the dark. Your budget may ultimately dictate what that "look" of your AE86 may be.

Having said all this, it is pretty rare that you see $1k+ baller wheels on the average enthusiasts AE86. Rare as they may be though, they can turn a very average AE86 into something quite special. Then again, there are those few instances where it is like putting perfume on a pig.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)