AC/ Radio Panel

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

BKH808
Tourist

AC/ Radio Panel

Post by BKH808 »

Since I have no a/c, heater, or Radio I wanted to make a panel like in the pictures below. Would anyone answer my question on how a piece of metal or material would hold on the bezel? Glue or just self tapping screws? Theres nothing really behind it to bolt securely.

luisae86

Re: AC/ Radio Panel

Post by luisae86 »

no hard at all i made one outta of plexi glass painted one side black hers pic then drilled holes for swtiches and i hot glue gunned it in place so if i ever need to remove it i could with no issues

mario

Post by mario »

I guess you could you fiber glass; I used to deliver material to the movie studios, and I saw those guy fabricating unbelievable things with it. And since you are saying that you don't have a radio, if you have the piece that goes under the one in your picture, I could use it. Some guy tried to steal my radio; I caught him before he succeeded. But he destroyed the radio console, if you have it I can use it.

BKH808
Tourist

Post by BKH808 »

luisae86 wrote:no hard at all i made one outta of plexi glass painted one side black hers pic then drilled holes for swtiches and i hot glue gunned it in place so if i ever need to remove it i could with no issues
Hot glue gun! I dont know why I didnt think about that in the first place...Thannk you.

Sorry im keeping he console though, going to do the same and make a plate for it.

Just trying to finish up my AE86 dash swap in my TE72.

luisae86

Post by luisae86 »

no problem man it works wonders