The Levin front end swap

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

McKenney
VIP Member

The Levin front end swap

Post by McKenney »

Now I know there a few steps left out. But if you just took off the Trueno front end, you should be able to put everything back together.

Step 1: Stare at it and wait for it to magically do the work itself
032910194218 by McKenneyLevin, on Flickr

Step 2: When you realize step 1 is a "pipe dream", start removing stuff.
050210120742 by McKenneyLevin, on Flickr

Step 3: Continue removing until everything is off.(note: I wasn't quite that far in this pic)
050210120750 by McKenneyLevin, on Flickr

Step 4: Begin installing your Levin front end.
050210142036 by McKenneyLevin, on Flickr

In the above picture you cannot see the headlight support brackets that mount to the core support. You don't have to use them. I didn't put them on for a few months and everything was still secured in place. But they do make the headlight mounting 100% secure, so invest in them.

Step 5: Stand back and shake your hand for a job well done. Then go ooh and aahh repeatedly(I did and therefore I believe it's a must)!
050210151959 by McKenneyLevin, on Flickr

Step 6: Paint it!
060910191917 by McKenneyLevin, on Flickr

I did the swap by myself, with the exception of feeding the antenna wire. Slo rolla stopped by to pick up some parts that day and lent me a hand for that part. Use your old hardware. You will have 2 of the vertical bumper bolts left over and a few from the pop up headlight motors. I'll go back and take some pics soon of the wiring for the blinkers and side markers. Headlights use the same plug so no modification needed there. There is no cutting or special tools needed with the exception of the weld in headlight brackets. And as I said before they aren't absolutely required.

Flipp
Tourist

Re: The Levin front end swap

Post by Flipp »

bumping this topic,

did you ever get a chance to take pics and make some instruction on the wiring difference for the blinkers and side markers? i may have sourced a levin front end setup and i want to get all the info i can get before getting started.
∧,,∧
 (;`・ω・)  。・゚・⌒)
 /   o━ヽニニフ))
 しー-J

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

no but I'm about to wire it all up on the new one. I will be sure to post it up in here. thanks for the reminder!

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

and..........?

:various3:

i have my levin front end, and im having an issue. i also noticed in the pic, theres an entire front core support sitting there......
706-669-6578 EST

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

old topic lol, I haven't tackled the wiring on the new car yet. Shubert you got my number. call me