Origin F/G Panels/Kits

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Clos
Tourist

Origin F/G Panels/Kits

Post by Clos »

Ok. So... I've coming to find that finding a rolling shell that's not way over priced, + shipping, then chopping might be not as cost effective as just biting the bullet, and detering from my factory body to fiber glass panels. thing is... i would like to go full lightweight if i go this route.

question is, how is the mouting, fitment, and quality of origins stuff, Mainly concerned with their Hatch from fenders +20, Doors (on a side note, is this a complete door? or just a f/g skin?) and rear quarters ( i've seen a few guys with what looks liek rivets, is this panel just riveted on? or is there a special procedure to fully mend/attach to original bodywork?)

Sorry for the questions inside a question. I already have the TRD Rear Hatch, Looking for TRD Hood. Then, will figure out the front/rear bumbers :P

Thanks for anyones help/insight in advance.

Carlos
Houston, Tx

JDM AE86

Re: Origin F/G Panels/Kits

Post by JDM AE86 »

Ill trade ya a shell for the trd hatch :)
http://facebook.com/86levin

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Dang Corey!

Anyway Carlos, the frp doors are usually full door replacements. The rear quarter frp over fenders are just riveted directly over the rear quarters where you normally would remove more material from the top of the wheel well arch. If you want you can remove the rear quarter portion but only leave enough surface for riveting but you'll want to either insert weather stripping between the surfaces...

OR

again, cut out the rear quarter section, rivet the over fender with the mounting surface on the INSIDE of where you cut it out and then fiberglass/bondo to give a seamless look.

Just some suggestions to get your imagination started.

Clos
Tourist

Post by Clos »

hrmmm. i thought their 40mm rear quarter were replacement panels, not lay overs... that definately makes them less attractive... hey Corey, how much to sell that shell :) you can keep everything in it if you want, i just need it to roll. :)