Door handle

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

yotarolla

Re: Door handle

Post by yotarolla »

My doors don't sag but my door handles stick in the open position

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

the same thing happend with mine so i sprayed where i thought the hinges were with wd40 and its worked since
Nick
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

CorollaGirl86
Tourist

Post by CorollaGirl86 »

hachirolla wrote:the same thing happend with mine so i sprayed where i thought the hinges were with wd40 and its worked since
Nick
this was such a big help. im always teasing my friends cause i always have aproblem and its small and they say ask 86garage. lol and i did for my door handle and this actually helped me. i didnt have to rely on my bf to fix something...tho i cant put the door panel back on but hey thats step1 lol thanks guys! :laugh41:
Image Image Image

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

awesome! :various1:

jay
Tourist

Post by jay »

wow i have been searching for remedy for my pass door handle im got try all of these tricks..Thankx

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

CorollaGirl86 wrote:
hachirolla wrote:the same thing happend with mine so i sprayed where i thought the hinges were with wd40 and its worked since
Nick
this was such a big help. im always teasing my friends cause i always have aproblem and its small and they say ask 86garage. lol and i did for my door handle and this actually helped me. i didnt have to rely on my bf to fix something...tho i cant put the door panel back on but hey thats step1 lol thanks guys! :laugh41:
lol I know! i was surprised to when it still worked! hahaha and thats good to hear that you did that on your own :)
Nick
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I bought new door handles from Toyota... oe ones were broken and springs stretched. I wanna have my buddy Darin fab some all metal door handles. Eliminate the weak link of the plastic.

wulfboy
Tourist

Post by wulfboy »

McKenney wrote:I bought new door handles from Toyota... oe ones were broken and springs stretched. I wanna have my buddy Darin fab some all metal door handles. Eliminate the weak link of the plastic.
Weak link indeed.
I bought my ae92 SR5 in winter in Illinois. The doors kept freezing closed overnite and the second week I owned the car I snapped the drivers handle off when trying to pull the door open. Went for several months opening it with the little plastic nub that was left sticking out.
The fix for me was finding a complete GTS for $500 in a salvage yard and swaping out both complete doors. Factory power windows and locks as well as fixing the handle issue. Hard to beat that deal.
'89 ae92 coupe
'03 Tundra
'11 Versa

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

GamblerZ wrote:Is there not a fix for this?
WD40?
There are no spare parts, only unfinished projects.

1985 ae86 hatch 7age (coming soon to a parking lot near you)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

cdixon311 wrote:
GamblerZ wrote:Is there not a fix for this?
WD40?

Yes! Works like a charm