C7 Carbon

Aero, body styling, in-car entertainment, visual aesthetics...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

milchmann

C7 Carbon

Post by milchmann »

There have been a few C7 parts on my wish list for a while now and I finally got one of them in. I got the carbon fiber cooling plate (because it was the cheapest of the parts on my list to check their quality). I was not at all expecting what I got. They use WAY to much resin, and there are bubbles suggesting that they do not even vacuum bag their parts. On top of that its not even carbon fiber, its FPR with a carbon fiber skin.

I am super disappointed, and can not believe they sell FPR marketed as carbon fiber for such a steep price.

Hopefully that saves people a few pennies.
Last edited by milchmann on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkabRock5

Re: C7 Carbon

Post by SkabRock5 »

Thanks dude, sorry to hear that. I was also contemplating getting parts from them too. Have you let them know of your disappointment?

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

i was thinking about getting some parts too... guess i will have to look somewhere else...

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

No, I have not contacted them ... I have read a lot about working with carbon fiber and I think this might be the straw that did in the camel. Just going to test fit this thing, maybe improve on it and then attempt to build my own ... without the FPR.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Marketing feux cf as CF is the gay.