Drilling Axle hubs to new bolt pattern

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

4EyedGoon
Tourist

Drilling Axle hubs to new bolt pattern

Post by 4EyedGoon »

does anyone know the diameter of the axle hubs. i cant seem to find any info. I want to drill my hubs to 5x5. I know its a rather large bolt pattern and our hubs are probably too small. but if it can be done its just a temporary deal till i do my axle swap with custom axles.

if our axle hubs are too small. I was told that some vehicles have hubs that can be separated from the axle. if thats true are ours? If so i may just have custom hubs machined.

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: Drilling Axle hubs to new bolt pattern

Post by McKenney »

it'd be easier to redrill the axles of whatever diff you plan on running. and 5x5 would be on the edge of the front hubs anyway. not enough meat there to support any real load(i.e. any turn over 20mph). what are you trying to do and maybe we(86garage) can help you accomplish it.

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

i would like to discuss some 5lug solutions.
i dont know of any atm, other than axle swapping the rear, but that still leaves 4lug in the front...

86boy

Post by 86boy »

There's lots of options for 5 lug solutions on the AE86! You can swap over some s13 parts if your heart is really set on doing a 5 lug conversion. It's pretty crazy how much of the s13 suspension actually works on the AE chassis. you can also do a ford 8.8" rear end from an explorer. you can do a full custom made setup. There's options out there. Doing the s13 suspension will make the track wider just a heads up. There's some guys on here that are running s13 suspension parts IIRC.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯