question about lowering your car

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

87inaustin

question about lowering your car

Post by 87inaustin »

ok i am running swift lowering springs 2 1/2 lower than stock . from now on do i need to jack the car up on the diff because i cut two levels off my bump stop and don't know what will stop the spring from popping out

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Re: question about lowering your car

Post by daveskatesallday »

personally i'd say cut what you have to but don't completely remove the bump stop it's there for a reason
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

yes jack it up from the axle any place. If you jack it up from the body then if the springs are too short they could fall out. Doing it from the axle will keep allt the presure on them and in place.
http://facebook.com/86levin

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

thanks jdm AE86 i was wondering before got a flat Lol

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

JDM AE86 wrote:yes jack it up from the axle any place. If you jack it up from the body then if the springs are too short they could fall out. Doing it from the axle will keep allt the presure on them and in place.
+1

Just jack it up from the the middle of the diff (the axle housing portion NOT THE THIRD MEMBER THAT THE DRIVE SHAFT BOLTS TO!).

The bump stops will interrupt the full sweep of your suspension travel. They actually can be unbolted/unscrewed from their location. Should you ever go with adjustable rear spring perches, some of them have a provisioning where you remove the bump stops completely and secure the adjustable perches via the bolt hole that the bumps stops occupied.

See: