need new deferential..

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

AE86silverred

need new deferential..

Post by AE86silverred »

ok this is the next part of making a almost new 86 .. work properly .after this all i need is a new tranny..and the whole drive train would be new...

So i just found out there is a lot of grinding in my diff . i really could not tell cuz i had a hole cut out to change my fuel pump more easily .. so i would here a lot of road noise. also me and my dads friend where checking the lsd and moving the tires and arnt both sides suppose to move when u spin the other? or is there something i should know?
So i want to see what u guys have done. i want a good set up with least possible damage to the wifes xmas money she hates my car right about now. ive been looking at the weir parts and they seem good..
so what i think i need..is
new lsd rebuild kit from weir -190 or should i get the solid one they offer keep in mind i drive my car to work everyday. anyone have a welded diff, how dose it act on street use or have this part ..oh that's $235
new gears .. what should i get on size .. there about $289
now i hope i dont need axles.
i will be opening up the diff with the guy helping me with this and finding out what i really need. He is also going to tech me while he changes the things i need to repair. so im very thankful for this :tu:
so anyone else have a diffident set up or is going thou the same thing i'm going threw .. thanks in advance..

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: need new deferential..

Post by dr.occa »

I would wait to get the diff you want for AFTER xmas. In the mean time, see if it's sporting a zenki or kouki set of axles and then get the entire carrier and diff assembly from another chassis and plop it into your rear housing. There's a GTS at the LKQ at Wallisville on 610 east. The entire rear end (diff and axles) may still be there.

AE86silverred

Re: need new deferential..

Post by AE86silverred »

Yeah I'll do that for now.. Thanks