Transmission Seals

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

c4ptiv3

Transmission Seals

Post by c4ptiv3 »

I'm looking to replace any seals my T50 has before mounting it to the engine. Is the main seal the only one that could cause a leak? Is it a good idea to replace anything else when I do this? Discuss.
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

87inaustin

Re: Transmission Seals

Post by 87inaustin »

I saw a awesone deal on ebay a company called cabe toyota sells its oem t_50 complet gasket kit for 37 plus alittle for shipping it comes with all seals and crush washers I know mine leaks ( moist not some much as a leak )from the under side not the main seal so id say it be your best bet just to replace as many as your able I am about to be doing the same thing to mine

c4ptiv3

Re: Transmission Seals

Post by c4ptiv3 »

87inaustin wrote:I saw a awesone deal on ebay a company called cabe toyota sells its oem t_50 complet gasket kit for 37 plus alittle for shipping it comes with all seals and crush washers I know mine leaks ( moist not some much as a leak )from the under side not the main seal so id say it be your best bet just to replace as many as your able I am about to be doing the same thing to mine

awesome. I'll look into this deal. I'm guessing this is Cabe Toyota in California. They always seem to have the hook up on AE86 parts
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST