Car shakes in first reverse ??? New clutch...Ok got vid

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

AE86silverred

Car shakes in first reverse ??? New clutch...Ok got vid

Post by AE86silverred »

So I just got my project done turns on great run good the only thing is that for some reason it shakes in first I looked it up and they said it should go away .. Anyone have thes problem ? I change the master and slave cylinder new flywheel to .. Any
Idea why its doing that? Oh and when I first drove it. it wasn't doing that..

Ok so here it is the first vid is to hear and see my diff
http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy26 ... 296bd1.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the second is turned on and what it dose with me when I'm taking off in first
http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy26 ... 614b0a.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by AE86silverred on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Car shakes in first reverse ??? New clutch...

Post by dr.occa »

What's the condition of your transmission mount Anibal? It may need to be replaced. Check that all of your drivetrain mount points are solid i.e. transmission to engine, transmission to chassis, driveshaft carrier bearing mounts, driveshaft flange to diff bolts.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

dr.occa wrote:What's the condition of your transmission mount Anibal? It may need to be replaced. Check that all of your drivetrain mount points are solid i.e. transmission to engine, transmission to chassis, driveshaft carrier bearing mounts, driveshaft flange to diff bolts.
Yeah I'll check again .. I gave it a look but not the greatest one .. Is started to rain so wasn't under there to long I'll check everything today .. Thanks...

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

How did the pilot bearing look? The center support bearing would progressively get worse as you drove the car. I would suspect a mount, pilot bearing, or something loose in the rear suspension.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Also my 6 puck clutch shudders occasionally during engagement, but goes away once it's fully engaged.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Well what happened is that the clutch kit came with a different pilot bearing for the front wheel drive or mr's so it wont fit our rwd's I ran to autozone and they would have to order it and I was in a rush to get it done.. So used the same one but my dad .. (Which works with bearing All the time )said it was still in good shape .. So I
Put it back in. It's not a puck so it shouldn't do that. I know how the shudders sound cuz me and my bro just put one in his srt4 .. So it doesn't sound like that .. So I'll give them
A call and tell them I need one for my 86 they know about it.Bit will check everything before o drop it back down.. :(

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

And also it feels like That time that time when everyone ran from the hurricane here in Houston .. I drove my civic to San Antonino and after like 14 hours of traffic my civic started to shake I got it checked in SA and nothing it just went away .. And I drove that car like 30000 miles after with no problems... :? So that's why I ask

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

It's possible the throw out bearing may need to be replaced and or the flywheel may have very uneven wear. You didn't use the FWD throw out bearing that came with the clutch kit did you? That's a no-no. Ask me how I know ;). The proper throw out bearing is the original that was a bearing pressed onto a collar. The old bearing needs to be pressed off and a new one pressed onto the collar.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

No way after I asked u I knew not to put it in but yeah sorry your the one that had to go thew that..,, :/ The fly wheel resurfaced .. So I don't know .. I'll keep u guys updated on what happens

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Ok so I did this a while back and just haven't posted it I change the pilot bearing an the trans mount .. And still the same was going to get the one piece drive shaft but I had to dich out another 700 for another silvertop .. So seems like it grinds now .. Could my dif be going out? What are the signs?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Is the car lowered to the point that your lower 2 4-links are either parallel with the ground or slightly angled up (chassis bolt point is lower than the bolt point on the rear end)? If so, this MAY explain your shuddering or it may be wheel hop that you're confusing for shuddering.

Also, the grinding may be due to loss of trans fluid through a bad rear seal or cracked casing or both? Have you changed your trans fluid? If not I recommend Pennzoil Syncromesh.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Yeah I changed it .. And same thing :/ and the links pointing up idk Ive never had a problem before with them what would wear out on it to do that? My springs? Sorry if it's a dumb question .. Ill post pics and a vid tomorrow see if any of u can tell what it is ..

joe81
Tourist

Post by joe81 »

check the driveshaft carrier bearing for any play.
also if any bushes on the rear 4 links on the rear axle are worn it would give the same problem

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Wheel hop with poor 4 link geometry. The lower pair of the 4 links (the longer set) should be set where the mount points on the rear end are lower. Re-introducing somewhat proper chassis weight on the rear end. This can be accomplished with either purchasing or making your own traction brackets.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Wad not able to get underneath yesterday raining .. today I hope