Someone with experience on clutch issues.

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ChadDavis
Tourist

Someone with experience on clutch issues.

Post by ChadDavis »

Hey 86 garage I was coming home from work and all of a sudden my car falls out of gear. Does not grind or stall I could freely move the stick to any gear while the car was rolling. Reverse still grinded I pressed in the clutch and it still grinded while the car was rolling. I push the car into my girlfriends driveway and I check the clutch cable and it was still engaging. Tried starting it again and it didn't go into gear I know it wouldn't work but i was just trying. Thanks for any help guys

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Someone with experience on clutch issues.

Post by dr.occa »

Slave or master cylinder or both are bad and need to be replaced if the clutch hasn't been slipping and is still good.

ChadDavis
Tourist

Post by ChadDavis »

The slave cylinder was replaced back in january where and what is a master cylinder?

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

Master is the assembly that is attached to the actual pedal. its the thing that you put the fluid into under the hood.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

If its got a 5 speed it's a t50... I experienced a broken shifter fork shaft in mine and was stuck in 3rd gear. welded it to shifter fork and kept on going. Check the slave and master first though.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

yeah sounds like the either the master or slave isnt applying full force to the fork or the pedal has fallen out of adjustment. if there's brake fluid under the brake pedal the masters bad.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]