Weir Performance

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

McKenney
VIP Member

Weir Performance

Post by McKenney »

First of all, Spence Weir is an awesome guy to deal with and more than willing to assist with any and all questions you may have. I have spent hours on the phone with him and he never seems tired of answering my questions.

Now to the parts... I have the Weir Performance 30mm axles and spool kit in my car now with Weir's solid spacer kit. The response over my former TRD lsd and my welded diff is astonishing! We all know "powering over" is a stretch in a stock 86, not any more! The car goes into a drift almost too easy now. The shudder from the welded diff in comparison is minimal now. The axles don't bind like they did when the welded diff was in. In my opinion, worth every penny spent. And for those of you going for high hp, it's almost a must!

supra_750

Re: Weir Performance

Post by supra_750 »

+1 for weir all of his stuff is rock solid. great guy to

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Weir Performance

Post by dr.occa »

Weir performance does get a considerable amount of good recognition. The only thing from them I run though is just their solid pinion sleeve which is tops over factory but then again, we're talking about a product Weir produces that has 20+ years of hindsight over the original product. It should be expected right. Oh, and it's made in the USA so that's an added bonus.