Squeaky noise coming from rear PS wheel

Transmission, differential, drive shafts, axles, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ToeKnee805
Tourist

Squeaky noise coming from rear PS wheel

Post by ToeKnee805 »

Ok so I got in an accident with my corolla about mid december...

Pass door and Pass QP were TOAST The rear rim got bent a little, but that has been replaced.. I got new parts from a Junkyard hatch. After the accident i noticed a slight squeak sound. Kinda like SQUEAK...............SQUEAK.........................SQUEAK..............SQUEAK. And with speed the squeaks came at a faster rate. The sound goes away when i press the ebrake, or i press the brakes slightly.

I took my car to mechanic, he said its my wheel bearing. So i bought wheel bearing, retainer, and oils seal for that side. We got it put in, and the noise went away for about 3 days. It came back soon after. I take the car back to him and he says it could be the pads and rotors might be a lil warped. So i take him my car he turns the rotors, put new pads, and balances my tires (just incase) This time the sound goes away for about 15 mins, and on the way back home i hear it again. Im up to my head in this problem and I cant seem to figure it outttttt. Anyone wanna lend some suggestions, or places of interest on the car to look for anything.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: Squeaky noise coming from rear PS wheel

Post by mooreofit »

i bet the axle is bent. put it on jacstands and put it in gear and see how true the wheel turns.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

mooreofit wrote:i bet the axle is bent. put it on jacstands and put it in gear and see how true the wheel turns.
i second what alan suspects.

Chris-pee
Tourist

Post by Chris-pee »

damn deadbeats

ToeKnee805
Tourist

Post by ToeKnee805 »

it was my axle. It had a very small runout. But any runout is not a good runout so I replaced it and squeaks gone. Thanks for the tip man. Appreciate it!

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

anytime
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]