Tie Rod Ends- I cant decide!

Shocks, springs, coil overs, ride height, bracing, cages, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Alabamaguy
Tourist

Tie Rod Ends- I cant decide!

Post by Alabamaguy »

So here's my delima. My car's Ueo tie rod ends are shot :( I can't seem to find any information as to whether or not they are rebuildable. That's my first option, if they are then I want to go that route. The $500 price tag is steering me away from buying new ones so I've been eyeing the T3 pieces but I'm afraid of losing steering angle. Can anyone tell me how the 2 brands compare to one another?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Tie Rod Ends- I cant decide!

Post by dr.occa »

The best thing to do is measure your UEO Style tie rods. Then contact T3 and get their specs. I have a set on my coupe but I don't have plans to be by the car today to measure them. Aren't the UEO tie rods all metric? I didn't check but I believe the T3 units don't use metric rod ends but more readily available and affordable heim ends. I really doubt you'll lose steering angle if you went with the T3 units.

hotdoghogie

Re: Tie Rod Ends- I cant decide!

Post by hotdoghogie »

I am rocking T3 tie rods and I can assure you they will never break but they are super bulky and overbuilt. If you have some cut knuckles and a manual steering rack you will be limited unless you notch your knucks. I'm about 2mm away from hitting my LCA's at lock but they are also a bit wider then the stock ae86 ones. Not to mention you have to drill your knuckles so if you have nice aftermarket ones be aware. Here's a pic on my setup and I am at the point where I have to notch my setup.