coilovers

Shocks, springs, coil overs, ride height, bracing, cages, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

drift

coilovers

Post by drift »

ok since no one replied to my post on chassis and suspension setup section. besides the BC coilovers whats another good brand of coilovers in that price range that comes with spindles. i was looking at the cxracing and doing some research and people say that they are the same as BC or made by the same company just the spring rate is differant. can someone actually verify this or know something of this. ill probably end up getting BC coilovers but just want to know whats out on the market.

GamblerZ

Re: coilovers

Post by GamblerZ »

This is something I've had bookmarked for some time regarding AE86 suspension setups. It's a little old (2007) but still might be useful to you...

http://www.modified.com/projectcars/070 ... _gts_ae86/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

drift

Post by drift »

thats very good right up. guess its either the BC or cxracing then. leanign towards cxracing since there a bit cheaper in price but then i still have time so i guess more researching and reading. anyone has the tokico hts they can chime in. the club forums is down so i can only do so much research since its usually on other cars instead of ours that i can read up on.

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

drift wrote: the club forums is down so i can only do so much research since its usually on other cars instead of ours that i can read up on.

Yeah saw that today that club4ag was down I wonder for how long.... :mrgreen:

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

From their home page...
=====
Hello Visitors and Enthusiastic Supporters of Club4AG,

The forum server for the web went down without warning on our host server with no warning on 12/30/2012 and some of all of the posts and user accounts have been potentially lost. We are hard at work to constructing a new forum host and server quickly, and we hope you will return with the same enthusiasm and support that you all have shown since 1998. I'll update on how things are going to return with a much more capable and powerful solution and I ask that you remain patient, keep working on your cars, and post up with enthusiasm when we go back up online. Most all of the usernames that was effective at July of 2012 are still on my backup records and existing users should get an email requesting to update your log-in when we are back.

Thank you for your support and patience during this downtime.

UPDATE: We are almost ready to be back online, the forums should be working now, but we are still doing maintenance so please be patient if things change in looks or feel as we tailor the site and work with changes in features.

Moto Miwa - Webmaster, Club4AG
=====

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Wow, all the data potentially lost. A crying shame. There were loads of coilover related topics/threads on C4AG. Now possibly no more.

drift

Post by drift »

dr.occa wrote:Wow, all the data potentially lost. A crying shame. There were loads of coilover related topics/threads on C4AG. Now possibly no more.
yeah, when i did a search on google for coilover setup or just a search in general on 4age or ae86 set up. everytime i hit the club4ag link it would say the site or domain is no longer there. so i went to check it out and yup, the site crashed. i just hope they get a lot of the stuff back. i usually get all my info from old postings on the site.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

c4ag is back up it looks different tho and they are still working on it too. i think you will have to re register :/
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

I bet they stored their data on a cloud server, and someone didn't pay the bill and everything got removed. :(

Mase86
Tourist

Post by Mase86 »

from what i heard thru the grapevine some stuff was lost. I think this mostly applies to newer users and post. Everyone will have to register again. The site has been down for about a week now. I would throw some caution when buying stuff now due to the fact everyones post count will start over. Beware of scammers.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Backing up forum...as...we...speak.

drift

Post by drift »

dr.occa wrote:Backing up forum...as...we...speak.

:tu:

mozartung

Post by mozartung »

Oh that sucks for c4ag

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

I received an e-mail notice from ca4g that they are back up. Here is the text from their site:

=====
Hello Visitors and Enthusiastic Supporters of Club4AG,

The forum server for the web went down without warning on our host server with no warning on 12/30/2012 and some of all of the posts and user accounts have been potentially lost. We are hard at work to constructing a new forum host and server quickly, and we hope you will return with the same enthusiasm and support that you all have shown since 1998. I'll update on how things are going to return with a much more capable and powerful solution and I ask that you remain patient, keep working on your cars, and post up with enthusiasm when we go back up online. Most all of the usernames that was effective at July of 2012 are still on my backup records and existing users should get an email requesting to update your log-in when we are back.

Thank you for your support and patience during this downtime.

UPDATE: We are almost ready to be back online, the forums should be working now, but we are still doing maintenance so please be patient if things change in looks or feel as we tailor the site and work with changes in features.

Moto Miwa - Webmaster, Club4AG
=====