bushed 4 link question.

Shocks, springs, coil overs, ride height, bracing, cages, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ga_goosh
VIP Member

bushed 4 link question.

Post by ga_goosh »

so i made some diy 4link set. i changed things up a bit and used a bushed end link similar to what SAlex used on his bv street 4 link. i am running the bv lat bar and one end is bushed but while installing my 4 link with the bushed ends on the axle side but l started to look at my bv lat bar and the bushed end is on the rear end side and the heim is on the chassis side. so i started to wonder what orientation is preferred or is there even a difference. what have others done if you have used bushed 4 link bars just curious iv always assumed that the bushed end should go on the chassis to dampen sound and the heim on the axle for rigidness. i know its a bit contradicting but whats your thought
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: bushed 4 link question.

Post by dr.occa »

My thoughts is it doesn't really matter because either way, the Heim joint is going to see the most abuse.

Off topic: did you see that I had texted you Sean, this past Friday?

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

dr.occa wrote:My thoughts is it doesn't really matter because either way, the Heim joint is going to see the most abuse.

Off topic: did you see that I had texted you Sean, this past Friday?
i was thinking it really doesnt matter but i also started thinking that if the rear is bushed then maybe it would help reduce some pressure on the heims. well either way i was really just wondering.

yea i saw you txted sorry i fell asleep before i got your txt :/
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

morgan

Post by morgan »

im thinking to bush the rear, since the rear will see the impact first, albeit a millisecond, but still first. might absorb a lil more of the impact force initially

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

morgan wrote:im thinking to bush the rear, since the rear will see the impact first, albeit a millisecond, but still first. might absorb a lil more of the impact force initially
that is what i was thinking. i also thought that would help absorb some sound from the heims too.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

morgan

Post by morgan »

i didnt think of that, because my T3 panhard doesnt make a peep. dont know what all the heim fuss is about. guess i just got lucky.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

morgan wrote:i didnt think of that, because my T3 panhard doesnt make a peep. dont know what all the heim fuss is about. guess i just got lucky.
yea i hear the sound complaint more from the 4 links then the panhard bar. my bv is silent i havent heard a thing from them and iv had it for at least 5 years now
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM