Looking for short stroke inserts for ae92

Shocks, springs, coil overs, ride height, bracing, cages, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Kaidotech
Tourist

Looking for short stroke inserts for ae92

Post by Kaidotech »

Cross posting from Toyota Nation so I can get more brains on this.

"So I've literally been digging and googling and researching for three days on trying to find short stroke inserts for the AE92. Due to a lot of mis-information and people who dont know WTF they are talking about, I almost ordered a set of SW20 front inserts to build coilovers out of for my AE92. Thankfully I finally found that the AE92 and SW20 front inserts are about the same, thanks to a few builds about making short stroke struts for AE86's.

My question is, what is the shortest possible insert I can put into an AE92 strut housing for the front? I plan on cutting the bottom of the housing and welding it a little lower to give more room (I'm dumped and have no strut travel) but I want a short stroke strut as well. Also going to cut the tops.

With my car on the ground at the height I want, my front strut is about 14.5" long. Thats what Im working with. There's about 3" of that sticking out of the strut for suspension travel.

I need to find a strut that will fit in that housing, and be shorter so I can get at least 4-5" of rod visible from the strut while the car is sitting on the ground, and get rid of the massive droop I have when corning/lifting the car. This would also help me get close to having captive springs that arent 5-6" shorter then the strut rod extended. "

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
★Dat AE92★ | Houston, TX | Stance:Nation | 86Garage | FTP North | GC + 4" Hyperco + TTT Hats | HKS SMF | AW11 Basketweaves