the name of tool

Shocks, springs, coil overs, ride height, bracing, cages, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

87inaustin

the name of tool

Post by 87inaustin »

What's the name of the tool that you take the top oem strut nutvthat holds the shock in the strut

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: the name of tool

Post by dr.occa »

An allen wrench? Struts may differ in design from manufacturer to manufacturer.

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

i found out there is not a special tool just a big a$$ crescent wrench or a chisel and hammer got it off in like 5 mins

dr.occa you must be confused on witch wing nut i am talking about . the only nut that holds the shock in the strut
Last edited by 87inaustin on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

87inaustin wrote:i found out there is not a special tool just a big a$$ pipe wrench or a chisel and hammer got it off in like 5 mins

dr.occa you must be confused on witch wing nut i am talking about . the only nut that holds the shock in the strut

I was thinking about keeping the spindle from spinning as you unbolt it at the top of the top hat.

You mean removing the gland nut to be able to remove the shock cartridge from the casing. Yeah, a pipe wrench (tears things up) or a large crescent wrench or a vice will do the job.

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

dr.occa wrote:
87inaustin wrote:i found out there is not a special tool just a big a$$ pipe wrench or a chisel and hammer got it off in like 5 mins

I was thinking about keeping the spindle from spinning as you unbolt it at the top of the top hat.

You mean removing the gland nut to be able to remove the shock cartridge from the casing. Yeah, a pipe wrench (tears things up) or a large crescent wrench or a vice will do the job.

+1
http://facebook.com/86levin