Rebuilding Front End?

Shocks, springs, coil overs, ride height, bracing, cages, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mandm177

Rebuilding Front End?

Post by mandm177 »

Can someone enlighten me as to what suspension/steering parts to replace when rebuilding the front end? As of now, all i can think of are ball joints and bushings.

What else is there? Inner/Outer Tie rods?

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: Rebuilding Front End?

Post by mooreofit »

rack bushings inner controll arm bushings, sway bar mount and end link bushings, pillow ball mounts,re do the wheel bearings and wheel seals replace the rack with a good unit with NO play in the steering wheel tie rod ends and the rack will come with new inners. i would also replace the lines with new and pump if its power assisted.dont forget the tension rod bushings, a set of nice tension rods only go for 200. top it off with a good thrust allignment and road force ballance. dont cheap out here.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

^^^^^What he said!

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

My head just exploded reading that.... I'm going to ask a shitload of questions now because I don't want to start a new thread.

Anywhere I can buy all that shit in one kit?

Are T3 LCA's worth it? If not where can I get some factory ones with bushings already pressed in?

I understand what knuckles do but how/where do they install?

I bought RCA's before realizing there were NRCA's, what is the difference and should I get the NRCA's over my current set?

Not related to front end but where can I get a set of good end links for my sway bar out back?
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST