Custom taillights... and how!!!

Technical How-To guides contributed by various technically proficient members from our community and voted popular by our members of the community at large.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ManilaGorilla

Custom taillights... and how!!!

Post by ManilaGorilla »

ive been asked by a couple of people where i got my taillights or how to make it. well im not gonna go and make these for everyone and charge an arm or a leg so heres a how to step... so enjoy!!! (these taillights are now currently on will's car now)

step 1-
buy clear ebay taillights and center peice from either the redline or similar like the black zenki sr5 one other ones will not work and it will look wacky

step 2-
tape the upper red line with masking tape or even better, the green expensive professional painters tape that you can get at autozone or any other auto parts store.

step 3-
sand the bottom half with 400 grit sand paper

step 4-
clean the taillights with prep all and re tape the red line

step 5-
make sure that the taillights are dry from cleaning and spray with the same clear red spray that you would use on the model car taillights which you can get at a hobby lobby or possibly even wal-mart (tape the reverse taillights if you want reverse lights)

step 6-
wait two days or more till dry (i recommend more so that the clear red doesnt streak down when sprayed with clear), take off the tape and wet sand everything very lightly almost like gliding, even the red line with 800 grit sand paper (make sure to take off the reverse light tape off before sanding)

step 7-
again clean the taillights with prep all

step 8-
make sure the taillights are dry from prepping then spray with a good clear coat

if all else fails and you cant do it... go to a professional.

anyways, here's the final product...

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Custom taillights... and how!!!

Post by dr.occa »

they look good angelo. i remember when i first saw these.

85levin

Re: Custom taillights... and how!!!

Post by 85levin »

very creative bro :!: