adj lat bar instal

Technical How-To guides contributed by various technically proficient members from our community and voted popular by our members of the community at large.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

adj lat bar instal

Post by landslideATX »

so i got this in and started putting it on and decided to do a write up on it(as best as i can). hope you enjoy and it helps someone out.

start off by removing the 17mm nut on the drivers side.

remove the 17mm nut from the back on the passanger side,
pry off the driver side and wiggle the lat bar till you can pull the bolt out.

the old and the new side by side. i used to have the t3 lat bar and it didn't come with the rubber rings for the driver side like this one does.

place the two washers that come with the lat bar on and slide into place replacing the bolt and nut.

the driver side comes with two thick washers with two rubber rings. place the washer on, making sure the rubber ring is in place as well.

then place the lat bar on.

then place the rubber ring and second washer on.

finish up with the 17mm nut and tighten to spec.

after the instal is done, sit back and enjoy. you can adj the distance the bar stretches by using a 19mm wrench in the center of the bar on the notches. then tighten the nuts to the outside of the bar.

these are all the tools you need for the instal. didn't even have to lift the car up.

it makes a big difference when taking turns. when i would drift before it would slop around and whip back. this keeps the rear end in place more so then the stock. as well as when you lower your car with the stock lat bar it puts it off center and throws off the balance of your car. this alows you to get great control with little money.

for $120 this is a great bang for your buck buy.

thanks,
daniel
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

good deal daniel. thanks for going through the trouble.

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Yes nice write up...... so this lat bar is better than the t3 ? or which one do u like best......... lmk.... :)

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

joel26 wrote:Yes nice write up...... so this lat bar is better than the t3 ? or which one do u like best......... lmk.... :)
don't know if its better yet. i know its cheaper thats for sure. this one does have less road noise though due to those little rubber rings. with my old t3 it was pretty loud. i wanted to test it when it was raining for two days straight. it didn't come in till the day the rain stopped. so i haven't been able to give it a good test. but so far its made a difference.
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

At first I thought that these bars were useless but after I lowered my car with coils and got the strut tower bars (front and rear) My rear end just dosent feel right. Almost like it moves around. But I mean since you said it stops it from moving I just might as well buy one of these to. Thanks for the write up. You have just inspired me to get one. Where did you buy it from?

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

5 link is next for me for sure....
JDM AE86/AE92

Ricky86

Post by Ricky86 »

DjSpecter wrote:At first I thought that these bars were useless but after I lowered my car with coils and got the strut tower bars (front and rear) My rear end just dosent feel right. Almost like it moves around. But I mean since you said it stops it from moving I just might as well buy one of these to. Thanks for the write up. You have just inspired me to get one. Where did you buy it from?
Its main purpose is to center your rear end. After you lower your car in the length of the bar is too long so it pushes it out further to the drivers side.

It does make it alot more responsive, especially if you replace your 4 links. Night & day difference 8).

Good post landslideATX :).

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

YAY I just ordered my rear lat bar from megan and got a 5% discount from them cause I own like 4 of there products. lol and I sent in pics as well. Will be installing mine next week as soon as I get mine. I will have to wait on the 4 link though.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

DjSpecter wrote:At first I thought that these bars were useless but after I lowered my car with coils and got the strut tower bars (front and rear) My rear end just dosent feel right. Almost like it moves around. But I mean since you said it stops it from moving I just might as well buy one of these to. Thanks for the write up. You have just inspired me to get one. Where did you buy it from?

ebay $120 shipped. its from TC Sportsline. they make a 4 link as well. i'm looking to get that in due time.

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

LOL funny thing is that I went to TCsportline and ordered it from them and not ebay. but yea its in and cant wait to install it. First thing tommorow guys

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

DjSpecter wrote:LOL funny thing is that I went to TCsportline and ordered it from them and not ebay. but yea its in and cant wait to install it. First thing tommorow guys
nice, next on my list is going to be rca's.

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

CBR_TOY wrote:5 link is next for me for sure....
ebay will get you 4links shipped for 114$
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

hvguy wrote: ebay will get you 4links shipped for 114$
post a link the cheapest i can find is $210 shipped
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

woops, 178 shipped. sry, its been almost a year now.

heres his email, might do it for less. zubbconcept@yahoo.com

ebay ID zubbconcept
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]