Testing my new toy!

Pictures, Videos, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

yashiro86

Testing my new toy!

Post by yashiro86 »

Hey guys so i got a gopro for xmas and the first i did was put it on the 86 to test it out! Really didnt do anything cool but i want to start putting this thing to work at drift events or car meets or when anyone wants to go drifting. So when you guys go have fun and wanna capture the moments im ready!

http://vimeo.com/83618361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joel26
VIP Member

Re: Testing my new toy!

Post by joel26 »

nice vid.... looks good... so its just held on there with a suction cup...? sure looks like can hold....

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Thanks dude! Yup just that, its "industrial" so it can take up to 150mphs ...I wake to make some drifting videos of local Houston drifters both at events and underground...so if you guys are down to help me make em lemme know!

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Which gopro is that, black, silver?
I like cars, food, and puppies.

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

It's the black hero 3+ edition, so far I only have the suction cup mount for it, planning on getting more stuff though

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

If you haven't done so yet. Get the gopro app on your phone. It helps a lot with remotely operating it.
http://facebook.com/86levin

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

I actually set it up last night but I didn't use it...I'll probably go out tonight and make another video

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Went out again to test the camera, this time at night to see how grainy it looks. JDM AE86, you were right the app is super helpful...so much better than having to buy the $80 LCD backpack! I'll post the video soon

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Also the suction cups are good but it's a good idea to tie a life line to the car just in case it comes off.
http://facebook.com/86levin

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Very true, I'm going to go to home depot when I get a chance and find materials to make some. But the suction cup works really well. I put it on the door even though the door kinda curves, and the base of the mount didn't make contact with the door but it still held on. I didn't even move position at all.

drift

Post by drift »

very nice man. i want a gopro3 black edition so bad but im fine with my hero2. the suction cups should be very good just as long as the area your putting it on is clean. they can also take a beating. was at a event once and was in a hurry so i just slapped it on a friends car knowing the area was dirty but was thinking it should hold for this one run. well, it fell off at 50+ mph going into an entry. went back for it and it was still running.

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Damn! That's what i call a good product lol. Do you have any of the videos "drift"?